IGNORED

Tucson

DeadMan
Note: This thread is 2636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm headed down to Tucson in the end of March. I'm looking to play one really good course while I'm down there. Looking for any suggestions. Only course I really know of there that would be on this level is Dove Mountain, but I've heard mixed things about it.

Doesn't need to be super expensive or exclusive at all. I just don't have a frame of reference for Tucson.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've played Omni as well as Marriott resort courses (Shadow?).  They are both good.  I've also played Sewailo Golf Club and it is just as good a resort course, but much cheaper.  I got pair up with a couple of U. of AZ Wildcats men's golf team members.  Had a blast playing with them.  Apparently, it is their home course so they got to play for free.

For the price, I would recommend Sewailo Golf Club west of Tucson Airport.

EDIT - By the way, I played the Dove Mountain also.  It is a bit out of the way (from the airport).  It is a good course, but as you would expect very pricey.

• Upvote 1

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

The Gallery is a great track.  Was the match play site before Dove Mtn and my friends that live in the area like it better.  

The Marriott has Star Pass.  I went to college in Tucson and played the course many times.  It is tighter than most in the area, very tough.

If you stay at La Paloma (Westin) you'll have access to their courses which are great.  Fantastic views.  More resort style so not as punishing.  Same with the Lowes resort courses.  

Sewailo was built after my time, but is a Troon course so you probably can't go wrong there.  

I played a lot of my golf at the city courses as a broke college student and particularly at Randolph.  Super flat and great walking course.  Its a muni and won't blow your hair back, but pretty decent track.  Hosted an LPGA event when I was in school (maybe still does...not sure).  Not to far from airport if you're stayin there.  

On 1/27/2017 at 10:42 AM, ATL Golfer said:

The Gallery is a great track.  Was the match play site before Dove Mtn and my friends that live in the area like it better.  

The Marriott has Star Pass.  I went to college in Tucson and played the course many times.  It is tighter than most in the area, very tough.

If you stay at La Paloma (Westin) you'll have access to their courses which are great.  Fantastic views.  More resort style so not as punishing.  Same with the Lowes resort courses.  

Sewailo was built after my time, but is a Troon course so you probably can't go wrong there.  

I played a lot of my golf at the city courses as a broke college student and particularly at Randolph.  Super flat and great walking course.  Its a muni and won't blow your hair back, but pretty decent track.  Hosted an LPGA event when I was in school (maybe still does...not sure).  Not to far from airport if you're stayin there.  

Is Gallery a public course? 

I thought it was a private club. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

10 minutes ago, Yukari said:

Is Gallery a public course? 

I thought it was a private club. 

Its always been semi when I lived there (that was 20ish yrs ago) and my group played it just a few yrs ago.  It was part of the Troon card program at the time a few yrs ago.  Not sure if still apart of that.  I've never had a problem playing but like many clubs they may have changed that with the recovering economy.  

Note: This thread is 2636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!