IGNORED

Paderson shafts

Note: This thread is 2630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody ever hear of these? I was out running errands today and punching around on the car radio, when I ran across Rush Limbaugh NOT talking about politics. What he was talking about was a new shaft he had installed in his Driver. He explained that his usual drive was around 240, and he was perfectly happy with that. But some of guys he plays with are equipment geeks and kept telling him he needed a different shaft.

He went on to relate how he never paid attention to the shaft. As he said, "It's the Indian, not the arrow!" But, one of his buddies finally talked him into putting one of these Paderson shafts in his Driver and he said the difference is phenomenal!

I'd never heard of them, so I Googled them up. Most of them appear to be a "woven" fiber shaft, with the weave visible through the clear coat, not sheets of "pre-preg" wrapped around a mandrel.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Paderson Shafts got started in 1988 in Taiwan, and drew early notice making shafts for the Adams Tight Lies and Orlimar TriMetal FWs.

According to its site, Paderson's "KINETIXx IMRT shafts are the worlds only filament wound kevlar golf shaft..."

GolfWorks catalog began carrying Paderson shafts in 2016.

According to the catalog:The IRMT shafts range in costs from $199 for drivers to $99 for hybrids (and $59 for iron shafts), while the TS shafts all cost under $100.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Did Rush mention anything about cost? As much as I think Rush has a wonderful personality when he is NOT talking politics, the fact that it's all he does(I distinguish between politics and issue oriented talk radio) is why I don't listen to him much, even though he has no competition during the 11-2 lunch hour. So this is news to me. I won't research further because the price from the above post is more than I care to pony up. But it just might be a nice option for others. 

4 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

I asked my fitter about them after seeing guys at the WLDC using them.  He is a distributer and he said that for the money there are better options.

Such as what?

I wasn't in the market at the time.  I just saw them when I was watching the WLDC and knew nothing about them.  I saw that he was a distributer so I just asked.  I think if he raved about them I would have dug a little deeper to see if it was any better than what I was hitting.  I had only been fit for my irons.

Note: This thread is 2630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!