IGNORED

LPGA?

shakespeare
Note: This thread is 6850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK. I must confess I have become a big LPGA fan, and I think I might have finally figured out why. The men lack personality like they did "back in the day." Jacobsen, Trevino, Chi Chi, etc. How many of those types do we have now? Sergio - maybe a little? Who else? Tiger is back to his dominating ways, and it looks like everyone is once again scared of him (refer to Colin's comments at the Open). So why do I turn to the LPGA? Because of all the young talent - Ochoa, Wie, Creamer, Gulbis, all the Koreans, etc? I don't think so. Because they're gorgeous to look at? OK, well a lot of them. No, I don't think so. I think it's because they're hitting what I am hitting. Yes, I admitted it. I can't carry the ball 290 off the tee. I can't hit a 6 iron 195. I don't hit a PW from 145, and I damn sure don't carry a 2 iron. These women hit the ball 250 off the tee; they hit a 7 iron 155, and they carry a 7 wood. I can relate to what they're doing. I can feel the shot. My confessional is over, so now does that make me a wuss because I can't hit it that far? Maybe, but I hit it straight; I putt my ass off, and my short game rocks, so I'll still play you from the tips.
R7 Quad 9.5*
Cleveland Launcher 13*
Cleveland Launcher 15*
Ben Hogan C455 21*
MP-33 PW-4 iron MP Series 56* & 60*Corza MonzaProV1

• Administrator
I'm with you there - I know what you mean about hitting the ball about the same distances as the gals. I'll tune in and say "155? Easy 7-iron" and that's what they'll hit. It's nice, and comforting.

I've given up trying to figure out the distances on the PGA Tour. If you ever guess more than 7I for an approach to a par 4 you're wrong.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm with ya Shakespeare on that one.

Driver: 913D2, 9.5°
3-Wood: V-Steel, 15°
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP, 19°
Irons: MP-64, 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM 54.10, 60.08 Putter: Studio Style Newport 2

Ball: ProV1

did you guys ever read the "what's in my bag" section of Golf Digest? not always, but sometimes they tell you the actual lofts on the clubs. Their sticks (assume the same goes for the ladies) are bent sometimes up to 5 deg flatter - that's close to 2 clubs difference. What it means Tiger's 7i plays like yours 6i... Of course some of them are good athlets and generate shitload of clubheadspeed, but w/o delofting it they'd be hitting HIGHER than us, not longer. Don't kill yourself yet, we're not THAT bad. One, maybe 2 clubs difference MAX.
Now the driver and fairway woods it's another story How many times did you drive a 380yds par 4? How many times did you hit your 3W 300yds?
Ok, you're right. We do suck

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wonder if you would be as excited watching the women on tour if they all resembled Rosie Jones or Juli Inkster and not young cuties like Paula Creamer and Michelle Wie. ;)

Thank goodness the ladies finally have some distance behind them. Now driving the ball as long as some of the PGA tour players and also making some incredible shots along the way (as opposed to the old fairway, green...fairway, green shots) their viewership has improved.

I think the Evian Masters will be really exciting this week. All the top golfers will be playing a beautiful and interesting venue.

Catch the LPGA fever this week!

Sincerely,
Stacy Solomon

Jeezz... Only Rosie Jones and Juli Inkster types? And no young "cuties" as you put it? I don't know about that one. That's a good question. You may have got me there, so I guess sex appeal does play at least a subconscious role. By the way, my favorite is Christie Kerr.
R7 Quad 9.5*
Cleveland Launcher 13*
Cleveland Launcher 15*
Ben Hogan C455 21*
MP-33 PW-4 iron MP Series 56* & 60*Corza MonzaProV1

I wonder if you would be as excited watching the women on tour if they all resembled Rosie Jones or Juli Inkster and not young cuties like Paula Creamer and Michelle Wie. ;)

Well gee, golfin girl, men will be men, and we can't help it. Watching Tiger is great, but I gotta admit watching the young cuties gives me pleasure that even Tiger can't deliver.

Note: This thread is 6850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!