IGNORED

OZIK MATRIX 6Q3.1 RED TIE

Note: This thread is 2593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is the shaft that came with a Tour Edge Exotics Fairway wood.(Beautiful club btw). Billed as for average golfer with smooth swing speeds. Mid Launch Mid Spin.

any thoughts or experience?

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't know about the fw edition of that shaft but I hit one in an Adams xtd driver and I know it's billed as smooth swinger mid/mid but it played stiff to flex.  I did like it...much better than the white tie I had.  The white tie was billed as high launch and was lower than the red.  The red felt better, more responsive.

You should like it, don't be afraid to hit it hard.

@Typhoon92 Good feedback, Thanks. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I have a Matrix Black Tie in my Driver, 4-wood, 7-wood, and 3-hybrid. Mine is the 7M3 model so it would be the model after yours (I have 75M4 in my 7-wood however). From what I understand. The red tie is a mid launch shaft. (White Tie high, Black tie is low) so your shaft is lighter than mine and launches higher... (Why in the hell do I have a low launch shaft in my longer clubs?) 

in my honest opinion the "tie" line in one of the better lines on the market. I honestly should be playing extra stiff red tie, but I don't. the tie line is simply one line with different color codes for launch conditions.

• Upvote 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

@onthehunt526 Thanks. I like the looks and feel, but have as yet to try. A little concern as ads for the wood I bought (Tour Edge Exotics XCG7) state lower launch than some prefer. Should be fine though.

"James"

OZIK MATRIX 6Q3.1 RED TIE

I looked on the Tour Edge site, and didn't find this listed in their most recent FW or Driver stock shafts.

I did find your model in the 2014 GolfWorks catalog:

Woods 6 / RFlex / MPF = 3B2M / Butt Diameter 0.625" / Tip .335" / 65 grams / Torque 3.1° / Parallel Tip 3.0" / Medium Bend - Medium Tip/ Cost $320
-----------------------------------------------------------------

So, you have a slightly heavier than average R-flex shaft with low torque; otherwise, middle-of-road flight dynamics.

BTW, which head model was the FW? If it flies for you, sounds like you found a really good club.

• Upvote 1

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

XCG7 Beta 3W.  I found that the shaft was originally priced by Manufacturer  at I think $329 in 2013. The club was purchased from Global Golf for around $79. Looks almost brand new, listed as Very Good. I think that Tour Edge is using UST a lot. I have yet to put a full swing on it owing to the storm, but I had no trouble at all getting it up from a  pitching distance off of a mat.  Not the same thing, I know, but at least it indicates it should launch okay. 

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

19 hours ago, Hacker James said:

XCG7 Beta 3W.  I found that the shaft was originally priced by Manufacturer  at I think $329 in 2013. The club was purchased from Global Golf for around $79. Looks almost brand new, listed as Very Good. I think that Tour Edge is using UST a lot. I have yet to put a full swing on it owing to the storm, but I had no trouble at all getting it up from a  pitching distance off of a mat.  Not the same thing, I know, but at least it indicates it should launch okay. 

@Hacker James UST Mayima is mostly used in hybrids and irons by Tour Edge in the Exotics line. In the Hot Launch 2 line (i.e. your Driver) they do use UST Mayima. They did trim down the Stock shaft options a bit for the EX10 line, but in the EX9 anyway it was a stock shaft.

@WUTiger did you check the "Classic Clubs" section. The "Tie" Series was the stock shaft of the XCG7 Beta.

• Upvote 2

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

44 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

@Hacker James UST Mayima is mostly used in hybrids and irons by Tour Edge in the Exotics line. In the Hot Launch 2 line (i.e. your Driver) they do use UST Mayima. They did trim down the Stock shaft options a bit for the EX10 line, but in the EX9 anyway it was a stock shaft.

@WUTiger did you check the "Classic Clubs" section. The "Tie" Series was the stock shaft of the XCG7 Beta.

I believe also that  Tour Edge is pretty good at customizing with shaft of your choice. It may have been mentioned in another thread here and on some of their advertising from the OEM. I don't follow the components as well as you two guys. Nice things to know though. Thanks.

I was able to hit with a full swing on a make shift net, and I think I am going to like the club. It feels great, no trouble getting up, and although it appears the trajectory is a little lower, I may get quite a bit of roll out if I can keep the spin rate down.

"James"

14 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

OTH,

I appreciate the note on Classic Clubs. I've been on the TE website plenty, but never had noticed it. I'll be using it plenty this summer.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

On 2/17/2017 at 6:27 PM, Typhoon92 said:

Don't know about the fw edition of that shaft but I hit one in an Adams xtd driver and I know it's billed as smooth swinger mid/mid but it played stiff to flex.  I did like it...much better than the white tie I had.  The white tie was billed as high launch and was lower than the red.  The red felt better, more responsive.

You should like it, don't be afraid to hit it hard.

The more I work with this, the better I like it. Coupled with the TE Exotics CGC7 Beta, has great feel. Its not so much that a slower swing speed is required. but a more measured back swing and smooth transition. I find I can get aggressive with a decent wrist cock and accelerated down swing. To quote Seve...."Swing easy - hit hard".  

• Upvote 1

"James"

Note: This thread is 2593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!