IGNORED

David Duval: Can He Make A Comeback?

RX Phoenix
Note: This thread is 4998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How Will David Duval Do This Year?

• A Total Bust . . . fades away
    • Plays Decent . . . but not good enough for card
    • Plays Well . . . gets card for 2009
    • Plays Great . . . gets a victory

On XM PGA tour radio, the commentator has said:

'David is having trouble hitting it in the fairway'...that says it all.

DD- my advice to you is take some anti depressants and get your head in shape.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'David is having trouble hitting it in the fairway'

Yep. If you go on pgatour.com and follow his play by play you'll see a lot of things like, '273 yards to tree outline', or '286 yards to native area'. The native area is my personal favorite. Seems he's bring Retief Goosen down with him, although that's not all that hard to do these days.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I'm a big fan of Double-D, but the roly-poly I'm looking at on TGC right now just ain't gonna cut it, man. I'd love to see him whip himself back into form & actually compete out there, but it ain't lookin' good... -LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

there was an article on yahoo about dd and it indicated that he's like the rest of us. he realizes he needs to lose a few lbs.

In My Bag:
Driver: 905 9.5°, UST ProForce v2 Stiff
4-Wood: 904, 17°, Steel
Irons: 762, Steel
Wedges: Spin-Milled Vokey Oil Can 52/56/60Putter: 34" NewportBall: HX Tour

Duval is trying to eat his his way in to contention again. Duval finishes virtually dead last at the AT&T-; very disappointing. He looks like he's doing ok and then he throws and quadruple bogey in to the equation. Perhaps he should get a decent instructor like Butch Harmon- i feel that he does not want to put the work in any more though .

Duval was even par today after 11 or 12 holes. Then he made a quadruple bogey and bogey to finish with a 77. He is actually pretty close to getting things together, but one or two holes a round gets him every week it seems. That's not good enough when it comes to professional golf.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He needs a head coach.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I'll say it again, No way!

Driver: Titleist 983K, 9.5°, Aldila NV-65S
3-Wood: Titleist 906F2, 15°, Aldila NV-75S
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue TP, 19°, Aldila NV-85S
Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP, S300, 3-PW
Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action 900 56.14Putter: Ping Anser 4, 34"Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I'm sure everyone saw the extensive coverage of Craig Perks at the Players. Seems to me there are many more players like him that lost their heads, and never came back. A la Baker Finch syndrome.

Only guy I can think of that totally lost his mojo and came back was Scott Verplank. But even then I think he had an excuse which was that he finally figured out he had Diabetes. Stabilizing that helped him feel much better and get back to respectable play.

In my bag:

2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Can't see him getting the fire back. Quick fade out.

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

• 2 weeks later...
David Duval will be gracing the Memorial tournament this week and today he tees off with Luke Donald and Daniel Chopra. Lets hope the European contingent will support him and hold his hand and coax him to a first made cut!

David Duval will be gracing the Memorial tournament this week and today he tees off with Luke Donald and Daniel Chopra. Lets hope the European contingent will support him and hold his hand and coax him to a first made cut!

Or not....80

In my bag:

I'm sure everyone saw the extensive coverage of Craig Perks at the Players. Seems to me there are many more players like him that lost their heads, and never came back. A la Baker Finch syndrome.

You'd see a lot about Baker Finch if he wasn't part of the broadcasting team at CBS. Poor fella.

Anyway, David Duval is almost 1000th in the world rank. I find that funny. Let's take bets on when he actually falls the last 22 spots.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

but world ranking is not always a great indicator of somebodys talent.

A lot of people say Phil has more talent than Tiger, a lot of good that's doing him. I'm really excited for when Phil wins his 19th major. Or how about when Phil wins his 83rd tournament. Good thing he has a solid 9 point lead over Tiger in the world rank. Talent gets you nothing, playing well gets you everything. World Ranking indicates how well someone is playing, good players that stick around play well. Duval isn't playing well, and is probably done.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 4998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!