IGNORED

David Duval: Can He Make A Comeback?

RX Phoenix
Note: This thread is 5012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How Will David Duval Do This Year?

• A Total Bust . . . fades away
    • Plays Decent . . . but not good enough for card
    • Plays Well . . . gets card for 2009
    • Plays Great . . . gets a victory

Duval will be attempting to qualify for the US Open in Columbus, Ohio today (June, 2nd). I wish him luck. Check the site in my signature.

Why not... here I go to check the site right now. Good luck Double D...

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duval will be attempting to qualify for the US Open in Columbus, Ohio today (June, 2nd). I wish him luck. Check the site in my signature.

He's going to need some luck. Columbus has more Open-quality courses than you would imagine.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

does anyone know what DD Cup shot in qualifying?..hopefully not himself

The news doesn't come on until 6.

I hope he brought his A game. They couldn't have picked much tougher courses. Brookside is a very old-money Donald Ross gem. OSU Scarlet is, well, the home of Jack Nickalus' fame, host to a bunch of NCAA championships and it is a mama-jama.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

The news doesn't come on until 6.

Duval does not bring his A Game to the golf course any more thats why he is in this situation sadly. If Duval shoots 80 in qualifying then i may have to write to him again like i did last year. It has not done him much good.

Ive just checked the field on the USGA website. There are some good players and some big names in the qualifying field. http://usga.usopen.com/qualifying/columbus.html

I too prays that he goes back to his old self or at least almost his old self because if he does, I see a new number 2. DD was the coolest guy I saw on tour, with regards to him handling emotions and I like his attitude too that he is fast to forget the last shot good or bad, he is always focus on the shot at hand; the only other player that has same attitude is El Tigre.
Tools of the Trade :

Driver 907 D2 9.5* Fujikura (stiff) or 905 R 9.5* Diamana white (stiff) or ERC Hot (japan) 10* Fujikura Speeder 586 Tour Spec (stiff)

Woods/Hybrid: Burner Rescue 19* & Reax SF65 (Graphite Stiff) X hot 3 woods 15* Fujikura (stiff) Irons: ZM Forged Irons 3-9 Steel (stiff) Wedges...

Duval pulled out of the US Open qualifying after all. Hes at the St Jude tomorrow with John Daly so we can look forward to a good performancxe from him hopefully. Daly will be there too so it will doubly interesting. Wouldnt it be great if they were paired together.

Duval pulled out of the US Open qualifying after all. Hes at the St Jude tomorrow with John Daly so we can look forward to a good performancxe from him hopefully. Daly will be there too so it will doubly interesting. Wouldnt it be great if they were paired together.

They're going to eat the golf course. It will be epic.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

That reminds me to check tomorrows pairings for my fantasy golf team. Everything else equal I'd rather not use anyone playing with Duval or Daly

I was checking the US Open qualifier list for DD... probably a good idea he pulled out. Lets see if he can break 72 this week, his low round of the year.

No way. He's a head case now.

Ian Baker-Finch
Mac O'Grady
Jack Renner
Bobby Clampett
Bill Rogers
Billy Ray Brown
Ken Green
Mike Hulbert

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:

Round 1---T-12th -1 69

Hopefully this kickstarts a nice comeback.....

Driver: Hi-Bore XL 8.5* X-Stiff

3 Wood: ORLIMAR VT830 15* Stiff

Irons: RPM Undercut OS 4-GW Sand Wedge: CG 10 54*Lob Wedge: 588 60*Putter: White Steel 2-Ball CS Ball: NXTBag: IDEA Stand Bag

Round 1---T-12th -1 69

pgatour.com just corrected it to read Even par 70. Not really sure. But whatever, good round in some tough conditions for Duval. He's going to just crush his fans tomorrow when he shoots 80. I hope not but...

but I dont think he will sustain his performance sadly

Don't give up on your boy now. You've displayed some amazing patience and optimism. Best round of the year yesterday and he seems to be going along nicely so far this morning (knock on wood).

he' ll have an early start tomorrow so we wont have to wait too long!..a nice round from David but I dont think he will sustain his performance sadly

I really hope you are wrong, only time will tell.

In my Grom Bag

R7 Draw Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
R7 Draw HybridR7 Irons Ball e5+White HotXG 2 Ball

Note: This thread is 5012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!