IGNORED

My Swing (Aus10)

Aus10
Note: This thread is 2673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 14 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 14
My typical ball flight is: Draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: A hook with the driver and inconsistent iron divots

Videos: 

I believe this was a fairly straight/slight draw flight path here. The next video is one of my hooks. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to My Swing (Aus10)
  • Administrator

If you have a recent phone, it can probably do slow motion (high speed). And you can mind the camera angles a bit more…

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I just got back from the range and while I wasn't able to take any videos because of the lighting I was mindful of each swing I took. 

Im working on a stronger grip and while that might make for more hooks my grip before was way too weak, which brings me to my next point. It feels as if my upper body is moving forward on the downswing (toward my target). I think the reason for this is because im trying to get my shoulders more steep at top of my swing. 

I know the angles aren't good at all but is there anything you guys see that might help?  

It's hard to see too much with the angles, vertical filming, and speed of the video. That said, I would take a look at your posture. Here's a thread that is helpful on that:

I think your eyes are outside the ball, which makes contact slightly more difficult.

Also, impossible to tell with the angle, but is it possible you're setting up closed to your target?

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

(edited)
18 hours ago, DeadMan said:

It's hard to see too much with the angles, vertical filming, and speed of the video. That said, I would take a look at your posture. Here's a thread that is helpful on that:

I think your eyes are outside the ball, which makes contact slightly more difficult.

Also, impossible to tell with the angle, but is it possible you're setting up closed to your target?

Thank you that is actually a thread I have bookmarked for me to look at one of these days. 

Also, when you say my eyes may be outside the ball what exactly do you mean? Im aware of that while putting but not sure how to tell on a full swing

As far as setting up too closed it is very possible/likely that I am closed. Its a terrible habit I have that im also working on fixing. Luckily its only a setup fix but I still seem to want to drop that back foot especially with a driver. 

Appreciate the comments/help!

Edited by Aus10

2 hours ago, Aus10 said:

Also, when you say my eyes may be outside the ball what exactly do you mean? Im aware of that while putting but not sure how to tell on a full swing

I mean that your posture makes it so your eyes are looking at the grass outside of the ball instead of the ball itself.

In other words, if you look at this picture:

6b64ef04_A1posture.jpeg

You want the right, and you look more like the left than the right (although it's not that severe).

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

On 6/8/2017 at 5:30 PM, DeadMan said:

I mean that your posture makes it so your eyes are looking at the grass outside of the ball instead of the ball itself.

In other words, if you look at this picture:

6b64ef04_A1posture.jpeg

You want the right, and you look more like the left than the right (although it's not that severe).

Okay that makes a lot of sense. I'm playing 18 tomorrow so hopefully I can try to implement that in then because I wont have time for the range. Wish me luck!

Ill check the posture thread tonight too and again, thank you so much for the help

Note: This thread is 2673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!