IGNORED

Self Created Course Book for Hawk Hollow 1-9

Note: This thread is 2496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After a lousy round a couple weeks ago I decided to do a little digging into my Game Golf stats to see if I couldn't improve my score. I went from a 52 on a nice day to a 47 on a windy day at one of the tougher courses in Michigan. I've compiled my notes for my next round on the same 9 I scored a 52 on to see if I can't improve my round. Below are my notes. Let me know what other techniques you are using to analyze a course. Thanks in advance. 

May you enjoy your next round more than your last. 

Course notes Hawk Hollow 1-9
1. 365yds - The ideal tee shot is to the left-center of the fairway. From here, a second shot at the center of the green will avoid the bunkers that guard the left and right front of the green. Note the pin position before hitting your second shot, as this is a long green and front or rear pins require careful club selection. D, 6I

2. 280yds - Broad bunkers frame the right side of the fairway, requiring a tee shot to the left-center. A short iron approach shot to an undulating green will leave most players with an interesting and challenging putt for birdie. 5I, 8I

3. 141yds - Playing over a large lake that frames the hole on the front, left and back sides, an accurate tee shot is mandatory. This large, two-tiered green, protected on the right by two pot bunkers yields birdies only to the bravest of players. 7I or 6I

4. 468yds - A slight fade off the tee provides the best angle for your second shot. Use the two small trees on the top right of the hill as a target. Longer hitters can reach this green in two, but a well-placed pot bunker in front of the green and a steep slope just off the back edge can be costly if you miss. D, 3H, GW (If drive over 210 adjust)

5. 482yds - best birdie opportunity midway through this nine. Water protects the drive on the right and a large bunker in the right front of the green challenges shots that come up short. This very wide, shallow green requires careful club selection on your approach. 4W,  5I, 9I

6. 313yds - A robust fade from the tee will take yards off this hole and can produce an easy wedge shot to the two-tiered green. Three sizeable bunkers guard green short right and left, birdie hole. 3H, 7I

7. 132yds - best played to center of a large green protected by a broad and deep water hazard in front and to the right. Note the wind direction on this hole before setting up for your tee shots. 7I to center of green

8. 337yds - Water will challenge longer hitters with a tee shot to the right. Played with a lay-up shot to the 150 yard full shot into a wide, undulating green protected by a grass bunker in front and framed by trees. 3H, 5I

9. 360yds - Challenging par four requires a booming drive to clear the lake that protects the left two-thirds of the fairway. Shorter hitters can opt for a shot up the narrow right side, but will compromise their angle into this very deep, elevated green with bunkers protecting front right and left. Number nine yields few birdies and stands as one of the most challenging holes at Hawk Hollow. 5I, 7I, GW or 3H, 3H forward box

Club Use:
D - 1 Swing
4W - 1 Swing
3H - 3+ Swings
5I - 4 Swings
6I - 2 Swings
7I - 4 Swings
8I - 0
9I - 1 Swings
PW - 
GW - 2 Swings
SW - 

• Clubs selected using Game Golf Stats including errors right, left, short, and long, and average distance. 
  • Distances measured in Google Earth. 
  • Notes saved on OneNote and synced to phone.
  • Course descriptions are taken from HawkHallow.com
  • Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!