IGNORED

Jason Day - Cocky punk?

FIJIGolf23
Note: This thread is 5955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Everyone is good that's on tour. Your dream should be to become number one.
As we know to many are just happy to be making a living on tour and not going to work everyday to a job you don't like.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Tiger, 4 US Amateurs: "Hello World" - wins on the PGA tour in his first season.
Day, 1 World Amateur: "I'm going to take down Tiger" - In 2006 made the cut in five of his first six PGA Tour events as a pro, with a best finish of eleventh at the Reno-Tahoe Open, with official winnings of over $160,000. In the following year, he wins on the NW Tour and finishes 5th on the money list.

Obviously a talent, but until he starts winning on the PGA Tour, he's not the next Tiger and shouldn't be mouthing off. A more appropriate statement would have been, "Tiger is my role model and I'm doing everything I can to emulate his success on the tour."

But, maybe it's way more fun to have non-PC statements coming out to reduce the general blandness of golf.

Followed Jason Day's group on the final day of a Nationwide event and even though he fell apart on the back nine (as did a lot of players), he does have phenom talent, capable of surges to the top. His attitude was excellent on the course, if he's cocky its because he's got hugh talent. I recall on a par 5 second shot, hits 4 iron 235 to a tough pin placement and eagles to take the lead, that shot he hit was one of the more impressive shots I've ever seen live. So congrats to him for making the tour, should be fun to watch this young man play golf.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I think that is awesome what Jason said--There has to be someone brave enough to say i will be the one who will take what is mine. Jason understands that in order to be the best--you have to beat the best and that is Tiger. I mean why even play golf if you're not trying to be number 1. I really hope Jason is the one who shatters all of tigers records because nobody else seems to be willing to challenge Tiger.

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Accenture Match play. Tiger Woods vs. Jason Day. 10 and 8. Can anybody say Stephen Ames?

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Accenture Match play. Tiger Woods vs. Jason Day. 10 and 8. Can anybody say Stephen Ames?

He's a long way from the WGC events right now.

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

He's only 19! Something would be wrong if he didn't think he could conquer the world at that age.

Cocky? Probably.

Punk? Probably not. However, it does seem as if he can "talk the talk" but can't "walk the walk". BTW, he's 20 -- DOB = 11/12/87.

Note: This thread is 5955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!