IGNORED

Help with keeping my wrists straight?

Note: This thread is 2497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all. I am fairly new to golf as I have been playing for about a year now. I was wondering if anyone could help me with hitting my iron and driver shots. I had posted on here awhile ago in regards to hitting wedge shots. Everyone was very helpful and now I hit fairly decent wedge shots( the ball goes in the direction I am aiming 95 percent of the time:-)) I went to Dick's sporting goods because I was only hitting my driver about 175 yards max, and thought maybe a new driver would fix the issue. The gentleman there let me use the simulator they have and I was doing the exact same thing I was doing at the range and only hitting it about 175 with a brand new Callaway driver. He told me he thinks that I am breaking my wrists way to early and coming in way to steep to hit the ball. I think he is correct because I have been practicing so much chipping that I have gotten uses to breaking my wrists right away. So how should I fix this so that I can shallow out my swing? I think if I shallow out my swing I should also be able to hit farther. Thanks in advance!

Post a swing video.   There is plenty of help available from the membership.   Online help is too general at best.   Everyone may be guessing your particular situation.    With video, the more knowledgeable will be able to give you specific help with "your" situation.

Read the "How to" section.

Good luck

• Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

48 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Post a swing video.   There is plenty of help available from the membership.   Online help is too general at best.   Everyone may be guessing your particular situation.    With video, the more knowledgeable will be able to give you specific help with "your" situation.

Read the "How to" section.

Good luck 

Ok, I will post a video as soon as I can get to the driving range. Thank you!

Note: This thread is 2497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!