IGNORED

On The Course Lessons

dkgator
Note: This thread is 5915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have taken a few lessons from the driving range but I am thinking about taking a lesson on the course. The pro charges 100 bucks for 9 holes. Is that a good price? Is an on the course lesson worth it? Any help or shared experiance is appreciated.

I coughed up $80 per two hour playing lesson.

You learn etiquette, club selection for various conditions, how to analyze the risk/reward of a shot, how to put a cover on a golf cart in winter, etc.

After a few sessions, let him play alongside you (best ball) because you can pickup a lot just watching a competent golfer not to mention the inspiration it can provide.

Playing lessons are worth every penny. I will take three lessons on the range and then a playing lesson, then back to the range for three more. It really helps your pro see what your game is like and see where you are struggling. It will also let the pro help you with shot and club selection etc.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I have taken a few lessons from the driving range but I am thinking about taking a lesson on the course. The pro charges 100 bucks for 9 holes. Is that a good price? Is an on the course lesson worth it? Any help or shared experiance is appreciated.

Playing lessons are worth it once you're comfortable with your swing, chipping, and putting. Your instructor will be able to teach you some various things on the course that he can't teach you very well on the range, such as course management, club selection, and hitting from weird lies. He can also see which areas you need help on when you get into those troubles that may not be present in the practice area.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Taking lessons on the course are a great thing. Like the previous posters said, they teach distance control, club selection, course management, lie help, etiquette and rules. And also gives you a supervised look at course play.

I once paid 100 bucks for 9 holes as well.

They were well worth it because playing on the course is a hell of a lot different than the old mats at the range.
In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

I agree with what others have said, playing lessons are worth every single little cent that you spend. When I had my first I learn so much, and won the Alaska Jr. State AM the next day.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

As others have said, it's a great opportunity to learn and understand what should be going through your head during a round. For that price, I think it's a steal, 2 hours of lessons is normally around 150-200 and you get to play 9! I plan to do the same with my instructor in about a month or so.

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

• 3 weeks later...
$100 for 9 holes? Where do you guys live? That's an awesome deal. The one time I asked for a price it was $100...for 3 holes. Lessons in NY are expensive.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Playing lessons are worth it. Swing mechanics are only part of the game. Learning how to manage a course, preshot routines, chipping or putting habits, etc can all be gained from a playing lesson. They are best when rotated in with regular lessons on the driving range

I took a few lessons and then did a playing lesson. The playing lesson really tied everything together. Two rounds later I shot my best. I highly recommend getting a playing lesson at some point.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On course lessons allow you to learn so much. Not just the club selection but risk reward and what to do in certain scenerios. when i had an on course lesson it lets you understand the mental side and mental techniques of how to deal with a bad shot and what to do if it all goes wrong. Very much worth the money - go for it if you can.

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 5915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!