IGNORED

Has anybody tried the Callaway HX Tour 56?

Note: This thread is 6827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wondering if anyone has tried the 56 and can you tell a difference from the regular HX Tour?
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

I've been using the 56 for a couple months now. I've been happy with it but you'll have to buy a couple sleeves and test it yourself.

I reccomend the following; but two sleeves of each. Hit some approach shots, chips and putts, alternating with each ball. They see if you can tell a difference.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been using the 56 for a couple months now. I've been happy with it but you'll have to buy a couple sleeves and test it yourself.

What's your take? Does the 56 feel softer and spin more to you?

In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

It is a little more "control" based. It does spin better and it is fairly long.

Same damn problem the HX Tour has: scuffs very easily. 2 or 3 full lob wedges and the thing is unplayable...

• Administrator
Don's take is here , along with an interesting comment or two...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You gotta find what works well with your swing. I think Callaway has worked to fix the durability issues with either ball. For me a scuff doesn't make it unplayable however a cut would (I'm fortunate enough not to have that happen much)

One of the golf magazines did a comparision with a brand new ball, range ball, scuffed ball and a dirty ball and found that there was performance differences but it wasn't a huge difference.

If you notice my signature, a lot of the balls I play on paper don't seem to be even. However I've posted some good low scores with all of them. Of all the ones I've tested these are my favorites and perform the best for me.

• Administrator
If you notice my signature, a lot of the balls I play on paper don't seem to be even. However I've posted some good low scores with all of them. Of all the ones I've tested these are my favorites and perform the best for me.

But to be fair, they all have very similar characteristics. I've yet to meet someone who can play a B330 (not the -S version) with a V1 (not the x version). Or a V1 and a V1x, for that matter. They're

very different balls.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

But to be fair, they all have very similar characteristics. I've yet to meet someone who can play a B330 (not the -S version) with a V1 (not the x version). Or a V1 and a V1x, for that matter. They're

So true. I CAN'T play (or stand) the V1X and I play the V1.

• 2 weeks later...
Been playing the 56 for 2 weeks and it is longer than the regular HX black.Not as long as the ProV.Just ordered the B300S and will get them this week.By the way Erik you said you like this ball,Golf Dimensions in Myrtle has them for 34.99 which is 5.00 cheaper then most other places and they have the Pro V's for 39.99 which also is good.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• Administrator
Thanks, flap.

To answer the question, I haven't tried the 56. If it's like the V1 (higher spin) then I don't think it suits my game.

I found one today. Brand new condition. Perfect. I was excited to see how it plays. I proceeded to put my marks on it, so I would not lose it; I wouldn't want to lose it. I figured I'd pull it out on a "safe" hole. Plenty of fairway; no real trouble except a creek about 285 straight ahead. I teed it up and let it go, and I'll be damned if I didn't hit it right down the middle...and in the creek. I don't hit my driver 285, so there must be something happening in that ball.
R7 Quad 9.5*
Cleveland Launcher 13*
Cleveland Launcher 15*
Ben Hogan C455 21*
MP-33 PW-4 iron MP Series 56* & 60*Corza MonzaProV1

Now that I've played the HX Tour 56 for several rounds, I've found that I like it better than the original HX Tour. The softer feel is great with the irons and wedges, and I love the way the ball checks up on short pitches and chips. Gives me a lot more versatility in what I can do in the short game. I still think the 56 is a couple yards shorter than the standard HX Tour off the driver, but it is still a very long ball, and just as long with the irons, which is where I don't want any distance surprises.

I've seen the two balls going for $39.99 at most places, though some have bumped the HX Tour down to $34.99. That's a good deal for that ball.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

• 3 weeks later...

A quick follow-up, now that I've played a few more rounds with the HX Tour 56. I used the ball on a couple of courses I only play once a year on vacation, which gives me a good indication of how far I'm hitting the ball compared with the previous year. I was just as long this year as I was last year (using original HX Tour) and actually longer on a few holes. This obviously is influenced what clubs I'm using, how I'm swinging, etc. But on the whole, I'm very happy with how far the HX Tour 56 is going for me off the driver and irons.

Where it is really making a difference is around the greens. I'm much sharper from 75 yards and in now, and that's making an impact on my scores. You can really put some tour sauce on the HX Tour 56 and make it stop where you want it.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Is the HX Tour 56 like a Pro V1 or more like a Pro V1x?

If It's like a Pro V1x, then I brought the wrong ball..................!
What's in the Bag?
Driver:Nike NDS Ti with MFS 40+ Shaft.
3 wood and 5 wood: Tommy Armour 845 Hot Scott.
Irons (3-PW) Nicklaus IronMax JNS
Wedges: Vokey 200 Series 52 degrees. Vokey Spin Milled 56 degreesPutter: TaylorMade Rossa Modena 8.Ball: Ben Hogan The Hawk.

• Administrator
Is the HX Tour 56 like a Pro V1 or more like a Pro V1x?

It's my understanding that it's more like the V1, and the original HX Tour is more like the V1x.

It's my understanding that it's more like the V1, and the original HX Tour is more like the V1x.

Whew! Thanks Erik!
What's in the Bag?
Driver:Nike NDS Ti with MFS 40+ Shaft.
3 wood and 5 wood: Tommy Armour 845 Hot Scott.
Irons (3-PW) Nicklaus IronMax JNS
Wedges: Vokey 200 Series 52 degrees. Vokey Spin Milled 56 degreesPutter: TaylorMade Rossa Modena 8.Ball: Ben Hogan The Hawk.

Note: This thread is 6827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!