IGNORED

September 12 Apple iPhone Event

iacas
Note: This thread is 2367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I agree. The phone looks like it is running faster. If not faster, then it feels like things run smoother. I wonder if making the GUI to run more consistent makes the phone look like it is running faster. Like if you hide the load screens in video games, it makes it feel like its running faster.

I think I might have read that some of that has to do with the fact that 32-bit apps are no longer supported.

Like… "AimPoint" and "Scorecard." :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 9/22/2017 at 6:03 AM, jamo said:

I upgraded to iOS 11 on both my iPad (the 2017 plan ol' iPad) and my iPhone 6. After a day or two of running hot and sluggish, the iPhone is actually much snappier than I expected it to be at this stage in its life. I like most of the changes, including the visual ones. I still haven't really found the best way to use the new Podcasts app (ugh), and I'm running into some weird behavior with email notifications (when they pop up on the lock screen I can mark one as read, but then the rest disappear from the lock screen). Other than that I'm enjoying it. I particularly like the pull up keyboard feature on the iPad.

On 9/22/2017 at 6:29 AM, saevel25 said:

I agree. The phone looks like it is running faster. If not faster, then it feels like things run smoother. I wonder if making the GUI to run more consistent makes the phone look like it is running faster. Like if you hide the load screens in video games, it makes it feel like its running faster.

I’ve upgraded my iPad Air 2 to iOS 11, but I’m holding off on my iPhone 6s for now.

Not sure I’m happy with the upgrade on the iPad yet. Email app was stalling on getting emails sometimes  (couldn’t connect to server or some such message I never had with 10)—I think this is supposed to be fixed with an update they just put out this week. Hopefully.

The thing I’m still noticing is it really doesn’t want to rotate between landscape and portrait as easily as it did before. Sometimes it’s just fine.  Other times I have to rotate it a few times before it goes.  Once it put the screen upside down (went opposite the way I rotated). Once it wouldn’t rotate at all until I shut it off and restarted. Anyone else seeing this?

Aside from that, the thing that might keep me from upgrading the iPhone is the control center WiFi and Bluetooth controls. They no longer turn them off completely—just disconnect from devices and networks but leave the WiFi and BT on.  If I understand correctly, that means that WiFi will still be looking for networks as I drive around town. (Unless I go into settings.) I commonly open the control center and turn off WiFi as I’m out and about to avoid getting the “join networks” everywhere I go. 

Anyone else notice these or am I alone in my reluctance? I guess after upgrading the iPad I don’t see that it made anything significantly better in my daily use. What am I missing?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

Aside from that, the thing that might keep me from upgrading the iPhone is the control center WiFi and Bluetooth controls. They no longer turn them off completely—just disconnect from devices and networks but leave the WiFi and BT on.  If I understand correctly, that means that WiFi will still be looking for networks as I drive around town. (Unless I go into settings.) I commonly open the control center and turn off WiFi as I’m out and about to avoid getting the “join networks” everywhere I go.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of that change either.

BTW I turned off the "prompt me to join networks" thing like six years ago. If I want to join a network, I do it manually. It'll still connect to previously known networks, too, of course.

1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

Anyone else notice these or am I alone in my reluctance? I guess after upgrading the iPad I don’t see that it made anything significantly better in my daily use. What am I missing?

I've been happy with it, and haven't noticed those things.

In all honesty though nothing much really changed for me. None of the things I do regularly changed all that much. I like the new Control Center, like the new ability to record my screen as a movie, LOVE the new screenshot tool so I don't have to delete them manually all the time… and a few other things. But nothing big.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Still thinking if I want to buy the X or 8 in the next few months. My phone isn't really struggling :) 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

I kill me…

;-)

Note: This thread is 2367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!