IGNORED

QOD Push Cart

Note: This thread is 2587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wife was at an estate sale this weekend. She is an estate sale junkie. Loves going to them.

She purchased what appeared to be a 4 wheel push trolley, still boxed up. Said she bought for a good price. ($100.00) No worries as it was her own money. 

Turns out it's a QOD (?) electric push trolley/cart. Don't know much about it as yet.  No remote control. Aparently you  just steer it, and set the speed. 

It's a lot lighter than my electric trolley. Folds up smaller too. Might need to talk her out of it. :whistle:

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm getting a new cart soon.  Yes, really.  Probably a Sun Mountain.  Still deciding some specifics, focused on new irons first.

But a number of guys at my club have QOD and it's tempting.  But the difference of money on my salary?  Probably not happening.

The no remote thing is a feature as I understand it.  There's a control for how far ahead to send it measured in seconds.  So you might set it to go forward for 20 seconds or whatever, or you can push it.  

I think a number of the guys using it at my club don't want to push a cart or carry, but otherwise would prefer to walk.  I used to see them sometimes share a cart with someone but walk a good portion of each hole, especially if they'd just end up driving to their ball and waiting for the path ahead to clear.  Some have explained the purchase as a way to do this and to no longer need to pay cart fees (given how often they play, they probably save money before too much time this way).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

thats a great deal, motorised buggies are expensive. a good push buggy isn't even that cheap.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

My buddy wants one of those. I've told him that the new ones are pretty damned expensive. He's my age, but wants to try to walk the course again and pretend that he's still 21! I walked for many years, so my attitude is "been there, done that!" If I walk a lot now, the small of my back gets sore, and then begins to lock up. That's not good for a golf swing.

I do much the same as Shindig suggested. If I'm riding in a cart, I'll pick a hole here and there and walk. I'll tell my buddy to drive the cart. This is just to keep the legs warmed up, usually earlier or later in the season, and it's not a marathon! Usually there are two par 3's a side and I'll choose to walk those.

Some of the 3 and 4 wheeled non-driven carts are really nice, but they are far from inexpensive!

Note: This thread is 2587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!