IGNORED

My Swing (Rorys7iron)

Rorys7iron
Note: This thread is 2393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 12 months
My current handicap index 15

average score is: 89
My typical ball flight is: low fade with driver, straight to hook with short irons
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: hook with irons, pull/slice with driver

Hi guys, I'm quite a long hitter it's just my accuracy is off, my average distance with 7 iron is 172 and driver  254yrds.

i suffer from heel hits with driver and  pulls. Then bad fades(not banana balls but a small slice)

I've good contact with my irons but they always go left of the green. 

Mum fitted to my clubs 2' upright but my divots are still slighty toe down. 

Here's my 7 iron face on 

Edited by RandallT
Removed minor template stuff

• RandallT changed the title to My Swing (Rorys7iron)

Hi Rorys7iron!

I took the liberty of hiding your other post, as I think it is more productive to just have that question here in your swing thread, and the videos appeared the same as you posted above. For posterity, here was the text of that main topic:

I hit a very long ball that goes everywhere, I hit 7i on average 172yrds and driver 254.  im playing about a year, but when I'm off the ball seems to want to go left, I'm not sure if I'm hooking compensating for a slice or slicing compensating to for a hook!

I'm fit for my clubs 2'upright but I still have a slightly toey divot.

i my short irons tend to start straight and go left and progressively go more to the right as the clubs get longer, any help please!

Anyway, welcome to swing threads. 

First thing is to review the guidance on the camera angles. They can be found here (under Info/Instructional Content above). Basically, the camera needs to be hip/belly height. For DTL, it should be on the toe line.

From a brief look at your posture, I thought you benefit from this:

It just appeared that your back could be a bit more rounded, as I see some of the "anterior pelvic tilt" going on. That took me a while to get the feeling of, but I think it helps me with a smoother backswing.

Stick with the swing thread and keep posting here, and people will pop in eventually to start a discussion. Don't worry if you don't attract an audience as sometimes it can take some time and thread bumps with your progress. Good luck!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all those who advised me on how to take vids properly I hope these are ok.

As i said before in 15 hcp but my iron play has dipped the last month, I get good contact but most of my misses are hooks with short irons and pushes with long irons . driver is a big pull hook.

Any advice or critique good or bad I'll take! Go easy I'm only playing a year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Checking in quickly… Hips sway back a tad, head goes forward a little bit. Do you see the same thing?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!