IGNORED

My Swing (carri10)

carri10
Note: This thread is 2387 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hiya All

I've been Playing Golf for: 10 years - with a 5 year kid break

My current handicap index or average score is: 18
My typical ball flight is: pull/pull draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: pull draw

Current swing thoughts are

-Posture don't arch back and neck

-Start backswing with right ass cheek

-Just rotate on the way back, don't sway to the right

-downswing - rotate body, rotate, rotate...ROTATE!

-impact try to drive club face forward (impact bag feeling) not flip

Not all at the same time, of course!

Videos: 

The hand signals show the ball flight on DTL.

This is a 6I

This is a selection of shots, I've not given you the highlights real.

Shank happens once every 20-30

Push every 15-20

over draw every other shot.

• 2 weeks later...

From second Evolvr lesson, I was told to move left shoulder down in the backswing.  I assume to get more angle in my shoulders during pivot.

Problem is this led to a lot of fat shots.  Really fat.  Is this right and my body will gradually accommodate, or have I got the action wrong?

• Administrator
On 10/2/2017 at 3:14 AM, carri10 said:

From second Evolvr lesson, I was told to move left shoulder down in the backswing.  I assume to get more angle in my shoulders during pivot.

Problem is this led to a lot of fat shots.  Really fat.  Is this right and my body will gradually accommodate, or have I got the action wrong?

Your body will learn to do this, yes.

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

Right now you "dive" down to the ball to start your downswing… because your left shoulder goes up during the backswing. So you dive back down to "get back" to where you need to be, the proper distance from the ball.

In other words you backed up eight inches, and so you re-gain the 8".

Now you're not backing up eight inches (maybe just one or two), so even if you dive only three or four inches, you're now closer to the ball than ever.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow.  Putting the lines on the video doesn't make my swing look any prettier!  Really useful insight.

Having practiced this a little at the range, I can really feel how much I used to lift up.  I'm also feeling more turn of the hips during backswing.  Contact is much worse for the moment, but I'll battle through....

Note: This thread is 2387 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!