IGNORED

A few buckets and a hot little caddy later and...

satchmodog
Note: This thread is 2408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Brought my girlfriend to the range to watch my swing and she noticed a lot going wrong, more than she was able to fix. However, she cured my nasty slice. The past week I'd been losing distance and the slice had been getting worse. She noticed that my back swing was far too long, especially considering I have very little flexibility anymore. I was also turning my club over on the follow through. She had me adjust my back swing to keep my hands lower and turned my right hand over just a half inch or so. It actually became uncomfortable to take a long back swing, so that was a bonus. Immediately, my drives jumped past 250 on the fly and went where my feet pointed. After four balls, I launched three past the pin my rangefinder says is 290. The distance wasn't so much the  thing that made me happy, the total lack of slice overjoyed me. I hate this game a little less today ?

We're going to try a video next time out so you guys can have at it ?

The topic title gave me a completely different picture than your OP! :-D

Glad things are working out... 

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Lihu said:

The topic title gave me a completely different picture than your OP! :-D

Glad things are working out... 

Thanks, she's wonderful... Oh, golf :-DYou guys were son right, having another set of eyes on your swing is crucial. It's hard to fix yourself.

6 minutes ago, satchmodog said:

Thanks, she's wonderful... Oh, golf :-DYou guys were son right, having another set of eyes on your swing is crucial. It's hard to fix yourself.

A mirror works too, but nothing beats having a "hot little caddie". I'd rather look at her than myself any day! :-D

Edited by Lihu
  • Like 1

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Uh, since the hands are connected, if the left wrist turns over, doesn't the right have to follow?

Mine move independent of each other.If I start with my left hand more on the top of the club, the right doesn't necessarily have to change positions, right? Or am I not following you?

7 minutes ago, satchmodog said:

Mine move independent of each other.If I start with my left hand more on the top of the club, the right doesn't necessarily have to change positions, right? Or am I not following you?

If your hands move independently that could cause some inconsistencies in your swing?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

1 minute ago, Lihu said:

If your hands move independently that could cause some inconsistencies in your swing?

I meant that my hands don't have to follow each other and aren't locked together when off the club. I was able to roll my left wrist a bit over the top and it is not affecting my right hand. I am, however not locking my fingers as much anymore. They're still locked, but not as pronounced.

Note: This thread is 2408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!