IGNORED

9 Hole Handicap Would be Lower than 18-Hole Handicap

woodzie264
Note: This thread is 2253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

I tell my college kids that. Even have them circle the 4th, 7th, 10th, 13th, and 16th holes to remind themselves to re-focus.

Great idea - thanks!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:22 PM, iacas said:

I tell my college kids that. Even have them circle the 4th, 7th, 10th, 13th, and 16th holes to remind themselves to re-focus.

So, I marked the scorecard prior to today's round starting & I do feel it was helpful to have that visual reminder to refocus. Still, my front/back differentials were 5.18 and 8.45 respectively. If I were to have played only the front 9 today, my differential would be artificially low since my back 9 differential was roughly 39% worse than my front.

Still, I like the scorecard marking recommendation...and I hope this being my first round in 3 months, improvements will come.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

So, I marked the scorecard prior to today's round starting & I do feel it was helpful to have that visual reminder to refocus. Still, my front/back differentials were 5.18 and 8.45 respectively. If I were to have played only the front 9 today, my differential would be artificially low since my back 9 differential was roughly 39% worse than my front.

Still, I like the scorecard marking recommendation...and I hope this being my first round in 3 months, improvements will come.

Any chance it’s purely a mental block for you? Like it was one of those things that just kind of happened over a few rounds, but now that you notice it you tense up or change the way you play on the back nine which causes your scores to trend in the higher direction? Also, forgive me if I missed this on a previous post but do you play the same course or many different courses? 

15 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

Any chance it’s purely a mental block for you? Like it was one of those things that just kind of happened over a few rounds, but now that you notice it you tense up or change the way you play on the back nine which causes your scores to trend in the higher direction? Also, forgive me if I missed this on a previous post but do you play the same course or many different courses? 

Anything is possible, but I'm not aware of any added stress or cognizant pressure for back 9.  Any no, today was a new course...I play anywhere 

-Jonny

On 10/4/2017 at 4:38 AM, woodzie264 said:

Here the actual differentials in case you would work the numbers differently:

9 holes:
5.4, 3.3, 5.6, 7.3, 5.3, 5.5, 9.1, 8.5, 4.3, 3.6, 3.7, 4.5

Best 4/12
3.725 x 2 = 7.45

18 holes
16.2, 10.3, 11.5, 15.9, 15.7, 13.7, 16.5, 17.4, 22.4, 20.9

Best 3/10

That's not calculated right. The rules require that you combine consecutive 9 round scores and calculate from that. Your 9 hole rounds will result in a higher calculation but still lower than the 18 hole calc.

41 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

That's not calculated right. The rules require that you combine consecutive 9 round scores and calculate from that. Your 9 hole rounds will result in a higher calculation but still lower than the 18 hole calc.

Yeah, my problem still stands

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 2253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!