IGNORED

My Swing (afmilboy02)

afmilboy02
Note: This thread is 2335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: years but just getting back into golf
My current handicap index or average score is: 90s
My typical ball flight is: None
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: 

Haven't played in a season or so due to work, but getting back into it and have had nothing but issues.  Previously, I was a solid ball striker (few miss hits per round) that shot in the high 80's to low 90's a few lip outs, bad chips, and/or bad drives away from being in low 80's.  With that said, I dont know where that swing went, I literally am struggling to make solid contact with the ball with numerous issues in my swing... hip slide, over back swing, out/in path, pushes left, and fat/thin hits to name a few.  Here are a few vids (removed by moderator as they were attached not embedded)... tips, drills, and advice are welcome.  

Thank you!

• RandallT changed the title to My Swing (afmilboy02)

Welcome @afmilboy02!

Happy thanksgiving. I tweaked some of your post to make it fit our guidelines for member swings.

The one thing we need you to do now is embed the videos- not attach them. In the “How To” dropdown, you’ll see an option for embedding videos.  

Under the “Info” dropdown there is an option for Instructional Content.  Great stuff there as well as tips for how to have a good swing thread, including video tips. 

Good luck!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Because of this:

01.jpg

I recommend these two:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thank you... working on the following:

-Hip turn not sway while keep spine angle the same

-Shorten back swing (I think the two of these go together)

-Not flipping of my wrists (I noticed the bent lead arm at impact) this will help with fat/thin shots

-Swing path (Take away looks good to me, but coming over the top/out to in with most hits near or on heel = SHANKS!!!)

Any advice on this as my swing is in complete shambles!  I am very frustrated and really feel like giving up golf, but my competitive edge wont allow me to and I honestly love the sport too much, just really really frustrating! 

I’m no instructor but I think the key will be to work on one priority at a time. 

Erik has given you that one thing. Practice it in slow motion. Take video of those slow motion swings. Speed up til you have it right at full speed. Then continue that until you don’t think about it much.

Then incorporate the next thing. The shanks should take care of themselves when you change the picture. Take a look at this:

The other things I might add to the mix at any point are static like grip and posture (if those are problems, or if you need a refresher- and I’m not saying you do). Those things can be found here:

Basically the shanks will fix themselves as you change the picture. That takes time and deliberate effort, not just a day on the range hitting balls at full speed with new thoughts.

• Like 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• Administrator
12 hours ago, afmilboy02 said:

Thank you... working on the following:

-Hip turn not sway while keep spine angle the same

-Shorten back swing (I think the two of these go together)

-Not flipping of my wrists (I noticed the bent lead arm at impact) this will help with fat/thin shots

-Swing path (Take away looks good to me, but coming over the top/out to in with most hits near or on heel = SHANKS!!!)

That's a list…

1 hour ago, RandallT said:

I’m no instructor but I think the key will be to work on one priority at a time. 

Erik has given you that one thing. Practice it in slow motion.

Yes, work on just the one thing, please.

If you try to work on a bunch of things, it's no wonder your swing is in a bit of a weird state. Work on one thing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I totally agree to work on one thing at a time.  Working on the hip sway with various hip turn drills then adding a club and swinging in slow motion.  

Thanks for the tips and will post more vids of updates later this week.  Dedicating 30 - 60 minutes a day to this, but I know it takes time.  Just still head scratching as to where even my mediocre swing went... 

Note: This thread is 2335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!