IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2311 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 12/12/2017 at 4:28 AM, Lihu said:

Doing mirror work with partial swings to maximize the distance with partial swings. I'm very inconsistent making 1/2 and 3/4 swings.

Watching A4 position with what feels like a full swing, 3/4 swing and half swing. I take it to the top without looking then look at where I am at the top. Doing this until I get the feel for 1/2 swing and also look for other checkpoints. Experimenting with making a full turn and bringing arms back part of the way, and bringing the arms all the way back and turning the body part of the way. Will test out on the launch monitor to see which gives more reliable results.

On 12/11/2017 at 5:57 AM, Lihu said:

Did some mirror work with different steepness. Still having a back arching issue with very steep swings. Trying to maintain the C spine with very steep swings.

Working on maintaining the C spine during the backswing.

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12/13/17:

Hit a few 2-driving irons today as I went and visited my fitter... As I've been doing recently used my water bottle drill for path. 2-iron might be a stretch for my "driving iron" experiment.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Dec 13   Day 13  Worked on long putts for about 30 minutes.  Then played 18 holes at Glen Lakes Golf & Country Club in Weeki Wachee, FL.  I shot 76, hitting 14 GIR, ....  I did not get up and down on any of the 4 missed greens, so yeah I know I need to work on my scrambling.

On 12/13/2017 at 5:10 AM, Lihu said:

Watching A4 position with what feels like a full swing, 3/4 swing and half swing. I take it to the top without looking then look at where I am at the top. Doing this until I get the feel for 1/2 swing and also look for other checkpoints. Experimenting with making a full turn and bringing arms back part of the way, and bringing the arms all the way back and turning the body part of the way. Will test out on the launch monitor to see which gives more reliable results.

Finally getting that C spine with a steep swing position. The swing feel is completely different. It feels way more powerful. I tried to trigger the Mevo without a ball, then ended up using my old swing speed radar unit. Seems like the speed is a little faster, but the main thing is my club path seems less "complicated".

Still working on this. Unfortunately, my boss gave me an extension until Friday to fix this compiler problem in my software, and my other boss said we have to pick up my son from UCLA on Friday. So, I won't be able to get to the range until Saturday.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

12/14/17:

Short arm swings trying to get my positions down and get my path correct. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Dec 14 Day 14   Spent two hours on the range doing motion drills assigned from the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy.   Then spent an hour on the putting green working exclusively on distance control for putts in the 15-42 foot range using an lag putting assessment from Pro Tour Golf College.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

On 12/13/2017 at 5:10 AM, Lihu said:

Worked more on this. Finally getting the leg to hip to shoulder sequence with steep lead arm. Club path is much more in plane.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Day 15  Dec 15.   Spent two plus hours on the range working on motion drills from the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy.  Then spent 75 minutes on the putting green doing short putt practice from a drill from the book, "Make More Putts." 

On 12/14/2017 at 5:18 AM, Lihu said:

Finally getting that C spine with a steep swing position. The swing feel is completely different. It feels way more powerful. I tried to trigger the Mevo without a ball, then ended up using my old swing speed radar unit. Seems like the speed is a little faster, but the main thing is my club path seems less "complicated".

11 hours ago, Lihu said:

Worked more on this. Finally getting the leg to hip to shoulder sequence with steep lead arm. Club path is much more in plane.

The Mevo is turning out to be a pretty good tool. I some idea how bad I hit, but the Flightscope data really shows it. I even took my time between shots and setting up taking a practice swing and all.

Lots more work to do on getting more consistent contact for sure.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

12/15/17:

Putting for bead in the hallway today. Mostly 10 feet and in. Getting good distance control and starting line.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

15 hours ago, Lihu said:

The Mevo is turning out to be a pretty good tool. I some idea how bad I hit, but the Flightscope data really shows it. I even took my time between shots and setting up taking a practice swing and all.

Lots more work to do on getting more consistent contact for sure.

Back to working on turning the hips first. I think I'm out of sequence again. I can see in some slow motion capture that the club is hitting the mat in front of the ball.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Dec 16 Day 16.    Set up four tees around the hole at 6 and 9 feet.   Hit 50 putts from each distance, made 77% from 6 feet and only 42% from 9 feet.   Lunch now, and then out to the range for a couple of hours to work on the technical aspects of my full swing  (head steady, ...)

12/16/17:

Did some slow swings spatula drills at work today, focusing on flat left wrist at the top and actually finishing my backswing.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

21 hours ago, Lihu said:

Back to working on turning the hips first. I think I'm out of sequence again. I can see in some slow motion capture that the club is hitting the mat in front of the ball.

Mirror work only one "mirror" ant itakes longer to get all viewpoints. Still making sure my weight is shifted adequately and my center of mass is by the ball.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Day 17 Dec 17    Spent 2 hours on the range working through the Motion Drills assigned by my coach at The Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy, then 30 minutes hitting shots out of a fairway trap to develop the skill of ball first, then 15 minute of hitting balls off an uphill lie to train how to better get onto my left/front side.    Time now for yard work!!! 

12/17/17:

Did some slow swings spatula drills at work today, focusing on flat left wrist at the top and actually finishing my backswing. 

Added some transition drills with the spatula today.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

21 hours ago, Lihu said:

Mirror work only one "mirror" ant itakes longer to get all viewpoints. Still making sure my weight is shifted adequately and my center of mass is by the ball.

Mirror work at home trying to get the hips out first. Will do more once I have all three directions when I eat breakfast.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Doing the same at work now. My sequence was off by a late hip by a 10 degrees or so? Re-iniating my leg to hip initiating the downswing again. Repeating many times...

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2311 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!