IGNORED

upload images/files from smart phone

Note: This thread is 2323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

can I upload photos or files directly from a smart phone to add to a post,  or do I have to upload them to a PC first?

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Yes. Here’s how it looks on an iPhone.

F177075E-3A50-45EE-A9F6-86152359AE16.jpeg

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)
1 hour ago, iacas said:

Yes. Here’s how it looks on an iPhone.

F177075E-3A50-45EE-A9F6-86152359AE16.jpeg

no help. 

1. I take a photo on cell phone (android)

2. How do I upload to this message?

3. I am guessing I have to first get the image from the phone to the PC

4. Before I simply took the SD card out of the camera and uploaded to My Pictures on my PC

5. If I accessed the web page from the smart phone using my WiFi/carrier, would I then be able to upload images already in the phone?

I am sorry if I do not understand.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

3. I am guessing I have to first get the image from the phone to the PC.

Nope.

If your cell phone can view the forum, you can upload from your cell phone. Click the "click to choose files" link.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Nope.

If your cell phone can view the forum, you can upload from your cell phone. Click the "click to choose files" link.

OK thank you, I am sure it will become quite simple once I try it. 

"James"

You can take click to choose files, pick the camera to take a picture or "documents" to find your image to upload. Upon upload, you have select the image to insert it into the message body.

It does complain if the pic is too big so the embed way from google drive might be more convenient.

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

OK, fwiw...(and remember, I am a novice at this)

I was able to view, log in to TST from my cell, make post, add photo, but when I then went to my desk PC, it was not there on the site.  Also I find navigation on a cell phone is a bit difficult owing to screen size. 

For me, I discovered a better way...I simply uploaded photos on the cell to "My Drive" in Google and then was able to easily upload to the web site in the same manner as any files/images are uploaded and then imbedded.  I could also make a link for any photos there. Another benefit "might" be would be the ability to "edit" (crop, size, whatever...) in one of several photo apps.  Thank you for your patience.

"James"

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

I was able to view, log in to TST from my cell, make post, add photo, but when I then went to my desk PC, it was not there on the site.

Right… because I deleted it. We don't need a "Test" topic with a single image in there. You could have posted it here as a trial.

2 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

For me, I discovered a better way...I simply uploaded photos on the cell to "My Drive" in Google

That's not a "better way." It involves far more steps.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

You can take click to choose files, pick the camera to take a picture or "documents" to find your image to upload. Upon upload, you have select the image to insert it into the message body.

probably so, With Android however, it seems as if you need a special app to upload, it appears as a device in my "f" drive, but it does not do anything. Thanks

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Right… because I deleted it.

well,I would have also after I discovered it. Buy I do understand why you did do. (you could have waited a bit).  oops, no, you are right, I would NOT have been able to delete. sorry

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

well,I would have also after I discovered it. Buy I do understand why you did do. (you could have waited a bit).

No. You wouldn't have. Users can't delete posts.

As I said above, you could have just posted it here in this topic. No need to start an entirely new topic just for you to try to upload an image.

1 minute ago, Hacker James said:

probably so, With Android however, it seems as if you need a special app to upload, it appears as a device in my "f" drive, but it does not do anything. Thanks

I was describing the android method which is probably the same as the iphone.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

12 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I was describing the android method which is probably the same as the iphone.

Thank You. It was simple when I had the Iphone. Simple usb connector and it is automatically uploaded to another drive (Usually F on my PC). for some reason, does not work with Moto. I did a bit of research and found that Moto has a photo tool app for that purpose. It was kind of odd, the cell phone appeared as a discoverable device, but it would not then upload images without the special app. Not really more steps, just upload to the drive, and then at my leisure, download to the web site.  I also would not have the patience to try to view the page from a cell.  

"James"

7 hours ago, Hacker James said:

For me, I discovered a better way...I simply uploaded photos on the cell to "My Drive" in Google and then was able to easily upload to the web site in the same manner as any files/images are uploaded and then imbedded.  I could also make a link for any photos there. Another benefit "might" be would be the ability to "edit" (crop, size, whatever...) in one of several photo apps.  Thank you for your patience.

Hack, Android hides photos in the directory file system (which is confusing and different than PC's)
Yes, storing photos to Google is a good place, also using a micro card in your phone is another decent place and easier to locate than the phones directories.

I'm not a big Android user, but navigating the file system is a different animal and it is possible.
One bad thing about storing photos on the phone is they use a large amount of the phones storage.

You can avoid one step of loading files to "My Drive" by simply grabbing the Google Photo App.
They will still be in the My Drive, it's just a direct means to the photos.

Also, once you upload pics to a post, you can edit the size.
I believe 800 X 600 is the best size to use. 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

2 hours ago, Club Rat said:

Hack, Android hides photos in the directory file system (which is confusing and different than PC's)
Yes, storing photos to Google is a good place, also using a micro card in your phone is another decent place and easier to locate than the phones directories.

I'm not a big Android user, but navigating the file system is a different animal and it is possible.
One bad thing about storing photos on the phone is they use a large amount of the phones storage.

You can avoid one step of loading files to "My Drive" by simply grabbing the Google Photo App.
They will still be in the My Drive, it's just a direct means to the photos.

Also, once you upload pics to a post, you can edit the size.
I believe 800 X 600 is the best size to use. 

Thanks. This is more or less what I ended up doing. Good suggestion on the photo app and I discovered I can upload to Google Drive as it is already on my Android. I am not as well versed as some in these things, but eventually I figure things out.

"James"

Note: This thread is 2323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!