IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 20, November 20, 2022

I was going to go down early to work before today's JEP, but my snowblower impeller belt was weak or stretched or something, so I spent some time shoveling before giving up and leaving because I had to leave. Then after, I had to go pick up the belt, and replace it, and throw some snow.

So… today, I just did mirror work in my patio doors while watching the Steelers suck.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 5:

Played a quick 9 before work this morning. Downswing piece was pretty good, but needs a lot more work at slow speeds. Moved quick enough to also play holes 10-13 before heading home, but mostly goofed around on these holes.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 6 (21 Nov 22) - Spent time in the backyard with the 9i and hitting 3/4 swing pitches.   Used some old baseball imagery to help with shot shaping work.  I used to love to punch the ball over the 2nd base and SS sides of the infield.  So I worked on purposed exaggerated in-to-out and out -to-in swings to promote desired shot shapes.  Likewise straightaway swings like I was punching over the pitcher.  Was a challenging drill.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 21, November 21, 2022

Cleaned the office, listened to about 10 podcasts… and did some mirror work and putting in the basement while waiting on Aperture to do some things.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

day 17 - spent 2 hours on the Toptracer again and I had a good day.. where yesterday my swing felt completely off, today was quite the opposite.. swing felt good, I hit the balls much more solidly, distance was way above average (quite often too far even, as I did not expect it to go consistently this well) and to top it all, I made a hole in one at the "closest to the pin" challenge at the 55 meter hole.. I know it doesn't count on a simulator, but it's still a good feeling.. next time on a proper course 😉 

cheers Chris

Day 7 (22 Nov 22) - Worked on hip shift -  on starting hip shift prior to completing backswing going into downswing. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 6:

Played 13 holes (kept score first 9) before work. Can't really work on swing priority on the course since I need to do it slow, but just swung my swing, and worked on selecting target, alignment, and pre-shot routine.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 22, November 22, 2022

Did a good 30 minutes of work downtown. 30 minutes only means about 30 golf balls, but… I think it was good work. Filmed a video, too.

Day 8 (23 Nov 22) a great weather day, so we (my son, grandson and I) played 18 at RiverBend.  Course was reasonably busy, still a great time for a late November round of golf.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 9 (24 Sep 22) - Got outside (temps nice outside today) and worked on foot position while hitting whiffle balls with the PW.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 23, November 23, 2022

Putted at Thistle Dhu. About all we could do today…

Day 10 (25 Nov 22) - Worked on the mental side of the swing by working with 6i and foam balls.  Purposely clouded the mind with as many “swing thoughts” as I could.  Thoughts on grip like this, stance like that, make sure to come through the ball and then “attempted” to make a good swing.  Then I did the opposite and just relaxed, cleared the mind and made the swing.  Was a fun and different drill. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 25, November 25, 2022

Played 18 holes at Duke University Golf Club with @CodyStinson. Hit some good shots. Hit some LEFT TO LEFT ones, still. 😉

Day 7:

After a couple days off with no golf whatsoever, I hit some balls in the backyard this morning. Did a little bit of slow practice of my priority piece, but also just wanted to move my body after a huge TG meal, so spent time going through the bag and swinging.

-Peter