IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 103: Putted for a while on my mat, working on set up. Losing my streak over. The next couple of days, but this was a good cap. Starting again when I’m back from the trip!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 48 (14 Apr 23) a rainy start to the day so I worked on putting stroke.  Later in the day added some pitch work with 8i and 58 in the backyard.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 27:

Hit 10 balls with a 6 iron, working on feel for trail leg. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 19: 13 Apr

More practice drills, working on backswing and transition. Trying to understand the “feel” I’m getting if/when the club path is neutral versus excessively over-the-top.

Day 20: 14 Apr

Played 18 holes (was late arriving at the course so a few warmup swings then started to play). Didn’t do a bad job overall. Things to work on: be more positive over short putts and avoid tentative strokes; “every shot matters”: I’ve got the right attitude for the shot that just happened, but I need to completely focus on the next shot. 

Day 23: practiced before round. Great chipping and putting sessions, but no translation to the course. Rough preround warmup with full swing. Block slice after Stack training this week. Need plenty of work.

Day 49 (15 Apr 23) - worked on initial takeaway today then moved to easy punch  swings. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 166, April 15, 2023

Chipped for a bit with the guys before they played their penultimate round for the season.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 28:

Short game practice for about 15 minutes, and then hit some almost golf balls with driver. 

-Peter

Day 21: 15 Apr

Indoor putting practice on mat, focusing on making a positive stroke for 2ft -> 4.5ft putts.

Day 29:

Played 18. Started +7 on the first three holes (double-triple-double), and then steadied from there to shoot 87. Struggled to be athletic swinging the club, thinking too much about new feel. Fanned a few way right, but when executed decently shots were a tight draw. A few drop kicked a few off the tee, but conditions were pretty firm so loss in carry was made up with extra roll.

-Peter

Day 22: 16 Apr

More Indoor putting practice on mat, focusing on short putts. Also continued with my backswing/transition drills to continue trying to groove the inside-path I’ve been trying to make consistent.

Day 50 (16 Apr 23) - started with some full swings with the driver hitting balls into the net.  Did the powder spray on the face - saw (and “felt”) was hitting low int the face.  Made some slight setup positioning to get the ball in the center.  Moved out to about 25yds and hit pitches the 50 and chips with the 8i into net - working on one bounce into the net.  Good afternoon session. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 24: Stack training session 13 of 18. 109 mph and 305 distance potential. Results did not transfer to the course for accuracy but hit my longest drive ever on 4, the #1 handicap.  Hopefully, that was a one round glitch!

• Administrator

Day 167, April 16, 2023

Worked on chipping with the golf team before they played their last round of the season.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 51 (17 Apr 23) - Played the back 9 with friends at Minnesott.  We played a modified stroke play format - everyone played their second shot off the best drive of the group.  Made me appreciate why a 250yd drive plays much shorter than a 200yd drive.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 168, April 17, 2023

Got some work in before lessons today. Long day today. I look forward to a good session tomorrow, though.

Day 30:

Did some work on downswing with almost golf balls after kid's baseball practice and then dinner. It was pretty dark, not a great session.

Seeing a trend of losing strokes putting, so I plan to work some putting practice into my weekly sessions.

-Peter