IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 2:  I hit a bucket of balls this morning.  Not gonna lie, almost didn’t go since it was my first time going alone and it was a little intimidating.  I mostly hit with my driver (the last bit of balls was with my 7 iron).  The sun was in my face but I think the ones that had good contact with went the furthest yet (maybe 150 yards then a good roll?).  Once I switched to my 7, the first half of my balls were crap.  I’ve always hit my irons before my driver when practicing and done fine - does this make any difference or is it just because I’m so green?

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 53. Played 9. Couldn’t find the bottom of the swing arc. It was bad. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 5 (6 May 24) - focused on setup and proper alignment (non alignment rods) to mimic visual cues as on course…of course this is backyard so we are talking 50yds max.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 131: 5/6/24

Putting and chipping practice. Slow motion swings with a PW tonight.

"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans." --John Lennon

DAY 1:  Two 30-minute sessions at the range.  Working irons and wedges with a few hybrids mixed in. 🙂

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 301: putted on my mat for a while, working on start line. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 25

Worked on backswing after getting home from baseball (mlb) game. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

5 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Day 25

Worked on backswing after getting home from baseball (mlb) game. 

Giants or A's?

DAY 2:

Rest Day = Putting practice on an indoor mat (15 min). 🙂

• Administrator

Day 552, May 7, 2024

Played nine holes with @NatalieB with irons only from her tees. Didn't really finish out any holes, just hit the irons and approaches and some chips.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 6 (7 May 24) - More work in the backyard focused on tempo in addition to setup.  Worked with 6 and 7 irons hitting hard foam balls - used the old MacGregor irons to mix it up a little.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 26:

Did full swing practice after work. First 15 balls were working on top of the backswing feel, and then tried to incorporate transition feel into the next 15 balls.

11 hours ago, HankBlue said:

Giants or A's?

A's, although this will be my last season of being a fan as they leave for Las Vegas (by way of Sacramento for a few seasons). Hard to see myself rooting for the Giants, but if that's the only MLB in the Bay Area, I guess I might get on board.

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 132: 5/7/24

Full Speed Spectrum Training session 8/24. 7th training program overall. 

Another slow session but 4 mph faster than my last session, which was my slowest ever. Going to the doctor on Friday to check on pulled neck muscle.

Day 3:  I tried to hit a bucket at the range but an 80 year old man (he told me his age, showed me his knee replacement scars, told me all about his chronic low back pain, etc) couldn’t pass up the opportunity to mansplain to me every little thing I’m doing wrong.  Dude, it’s my third frickin day.  I know I need to twist my hips more, I know I need to keep my head/chest down and not pop up, I know I need to hit through the ball and follow through further, yada yada yada.  I know.  That’s exactly what I’m trying to work on.  How about you tell me or show me how to do those things instead of telling me to watch Iron Byron videos?  Rough day.  

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 54. Was in a good place last week. Yesterday’s round killed my confidence.  Full swing practice trying to get back to where I was but struggled with being tired and tense. Back to basics tomorrow. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 302: mirror work today. Worked on feels to get my hips open more. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

19 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

A's, although this will be my last season of being a fan as they leave for Las Vegas (by way of Sacramento for a few seasons). Hard to see myself rooting for the Giants, but if that's the only MLB in the Bay Area, I guess I might get on board.

Sad tale.  Both the A's and Raiders.  IMO, cities shouldn't be building stadiums for MLB/NFL teams.  But that's the world we live in.

DAY 3:  30-min range session with irons and wedges.  Working on follow thru -- no hooks! 🙂