IGNORED

Left/Right Shot Dispersion- Whats Yours?

HJJ003
Note: This thread is 2284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

Well my driver is currently out of commission (I discuss that in another thread), but my shot zone for my 3 wood was 65 yards wide! And that only accounting for 80% of my shots like LSW suggests ( I am a 90s shooter). Is that abnormally large or about right?

About right depending upon how far you hit it. I wouldn't worry about the 65 yards for now. Just pull out a shorter club as shot zones warrants it.

Here's mine, and it's possibly a bit worse than yours?

Off the tee:

image.thumb.png.46b98efdb93e8ef6fd99b6ad1ca6a12b.png

Off the deck:

image.thumb.png.6fec525035a2be2a13a71f195599a0fd.png

Overall club performance by distance alone.

image.thumb.png.b3dbfe4e921c2e6aca20fc6b70445d5f.png

• Like 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, Lihu said:

About right depending upon how far you hit it. I wouldn't worry about the 65 yards for now. Just pull out a shorter club as shot zones warrants it.

Here's mine, and it's possibly a bit worse than yours?

Off the tee:

image.thumb.png.46b98efdb93e8ef6fd99b6ad1ca6a12b.png

Off the deck:

image.thumb.png.6fec525035a2be2a13a71f195599a0fd.png

Overall club performance by distance alone.

image.thumb.png.b3dbfe4e921c2e6aca20fc6b70445d5f.png

Thanks for the info, and mine may be a bit tighter than yours but I think you are a tad longer. My average carry on my 3 wood is a little over 200 and rolled out to about 225 on average. Looks like yours in the mid 230s on average. Not sure if that makes a difference. If I would have taken 100% of my shots I would have had a 85 yard wide zone. 

1 minute ago, HJJ003 said:

Thanks for the info, and mine may be a bit tighter than yours but I think you are a tad longer. My average carry on my 3 wood is a little over 200 and rolled out to about 225 on average. Looks like yours in the mid 230s on average. Not sure if that makes a difference. If I would have taken 100% of my shots I would have had a 85 yard wide zone. 

100% of my shots go off the ends of the game golf application "reasonable limits". :-D

On the course, my carry numbers are probably around 215-ish, and Mevo seems to confirm that. I can go after it either off the tee or gripped up and swing harder than usual to get more yardage, but my accuracy suffers as you can see in my off the tee readings. It's kind of a risk reward thing for me. If it looks safe to hit a driver hard, I will. If I know I don't want to roll out past 250, I'll still go after it with my 3W to get as close to 250 as possible. So, my left right dispersion will suffer as a result of that. If the situation calls for it, I'll tee off with a hybrid or a 6i to tighten up my tee shots.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Lihu said:

100% of my shots go off the ends of the game golf application "reasonable limits". :-D

On the course, my carry numbers are probably around 215-ish, and Mevo seems to confirm that. I can go after it either off the tee or gripped up and swing harder than usual to get more yardage, but my accuracy suffers as you can see in my off the tee readings. It's kind of a risk reward thing for me. If it looks safe to hit a driver hard, I will. If I know I don't want to roll out past 250, I'll still go after it with my 3W to get as close to 250 as possible. So, my left right dispersion will suffer as a result of that. If the situation calls for it, I'll tee off with a hybrid or a 6i to tighten up my tee shots.

Lol!! Yeah I guess I should also say I didn’t consider my massive chunks or or tops. Yeah I’m excited to use longer clubs more...previously hybrids were the longest clubs i hit unless a carry forced me or I was playing a scramble lol. 

Edited by HJJ003
Spelling

Note: This thread is 2284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!