IGNORED

putting tip that will help every one

Note: This thread is 5939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

if u use a straight back and through putting stroke STOP its been proven by physics that a curved putting stroke is the best because to use a straight back and thorugh u need a 90 degree angle in the shaft and the golf rules state that the max u can hav is 80 that is why every one should use a curved putting stroke i used it 2 day and sunk 3 birdies and last week i ahv 36 putts using a straight bac and though
just my 2 cents

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey what a great tip! *sarcastic*
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

i thought everyone knew you needed a slight curved putting stroke?

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I do have a slight curved stroke.

But as far as I knew, golf is not a one size fits all game. Are you saying you are a better putter than Dave Pelz? Cus he uses straight back and through.
Whats in the bag:

Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

You know a funny thing though is that I was playing with my father about two weeks ago and he told me that he had tried this putting method of curving his stroke and it just f'ed his putting up. I watched him the whole round and what he thinks is straight back and through is actually curved. So in reality when he tried this he was putting way to much curve on it and missing putts. I am not an expert on this but I can imagine that everyone has a little curve on their line while putting.

Home course: www.tupelocountryclub.org

Whatever works for someone works for them, if you are putting better with the straight line do it, same with the arc, Mayfair cuts across the ball when he putts and it works.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Whatever works for someone works for them, if you are putting better with the straight line do it, same with the arc, Mayfair cuts across the ball when he putts and it works.

I always agree with you. This is getting boring.

Bobby Locke tried to hook his putts a little.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

if u use a straight back and through putting stroke STOP its been proven by physics that a curved putting stroke is the best because to use a straight back and thorugh u need a 90 degree angle in the shaft and the golf rules state that the max u can hav is 80 that is why every one should use a curved putting stroke i used it 2 day and sunk 3 birdies and last week i ahv 36 putts using a straight bac and though

Ok, prove it to me using physics. And, I mean, I want to see the equations and derivations in detail, and all assumptions you make. I want this really "proved".

You are also confusing your two angles there, because something doesn't have to be at exactly 90 degrees to go straight back and forth. The lie angle is orthogonal (at right angle) to the direction of the straight back and forth line. You can make anything go straight back and forth on the line, whether it has a 90 degree lie, a 80 degree lie, a 10 degree lie, or a zero degree lie. Finally, your example of making 3 birdie putts is just about as far from "proof" as can be. That is an example of anecdote. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdote ) Or, in other words, it is a story. Firstly, the sample size is very, very small. So there is no statistical significance whatsoever. Then, it is only an incident that happened to you. Now, if you took 1,000 golfers and have them putt 1,000 putts each, 500 with one method and 500 with the other, and recorded the details. Now, you've got some evidence. But, 1 person playing just a few rounds is essentially meaningless. Look, I am glad that a more arced stroke seems to be working for you. But, your grandiose claims about it being the best tip ever and having proved it better are way out of touch with reality.

I do have a slight curved stroke.

The amount of attention Dave Pelz gets is confusing.

I do not like his books. I just threw one away. The tips won't work without one of his putting "straight-jacket" devices. I don't understand how he got so popular. Who are his successes? Nickalus used to see Phil Rodgers about his short game. See, Jack lost some amateur stuff to Phil. Last question: Who did Pelz ever beat?

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Phil Mickelson works with Dave Pelz on his short game, he's (Phil) sort of successful.

In the : Nike SQ Tour Bag

Driver: Speed Pro S Stiff 9.5*
3 Wood: Speed Pro X/ST Stiff 15*
Hybrid: Walter Hagen 21* Aldila NV Hybrid 85-S Shaft Irons: RAC LT2 4-Sand StiffWedge: Z TP 60* Putter: Rossa Lambeau Ball: TP Red Grips: Golf Pride Dual Durometer

I am not talking about who he beat. In fact, I didn't know he even played as a professional!

I was just referring to his shows on the golf channel. He has an amazing short game and he's a great putter. At least I've taken alot out of his short game instruction anyway... EDIT Mickelson used to be one of his students, I think.
Whats in the bag:

Ok, prove it to me using physics. And, I mean, I want to see the equations and derivations in detail, and all assumptions you make. I want this really "proved".

i read it in golf digest im sure they dont lie go complain to them not me if you have something wrong with it

I am not talking about who he beat. In fact, I didn't know he even played as a professional!

I have gotten a lot of good stuff from Pelz on those shows. The best tips are about pitching and trouble shots around the green.

The guy knows something. I just never understood how he got such a reputation.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:

i read it in golf digest im sure they dont lie go complain to them not me if you have something wrong with it

Could you at least cite the month and year and author of the piece you read? I'm not going to dig through every article of the magazine just to look for

your info. Also, while I wouldn't have called it "complaining", you are the one who brought it to the forum, you are the one talking about how it is "proved", so I thought you would be the one to talk to. Had you brought up the article in your first post, then maybe the onus wouldn't have been on you -- but no mention of an article in the first post, so I asked you to show the proof. I don't think that that is too much to ask since you claimed to have proved it in your first post.

it was on the i tried getting the link but its not up any more i also hav another putting tip that i had huge success with. i was having trouble getting the putter head square so i drew a line on my ball to line up my by put but also drew another line at the end of it going horizontal so it was like a T so i line my putter face to taht line and it helped alot. couldnt miss a putt

people's putting storke being slight arc at natural isn't because of the lie angle of the putter. it's because of the angle made by spine and the ground. If you stand straight up and make a putting stroke in front of your body by rotating your shoulder, you'll see your putter stroke is straight back straight thru with putter face always square.

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

To the guy who started this thread you owe me 5 minutes. After reading your post and everything that followed I will never get back the 5 minutes wasted on reading your so called 'tip'. To Bignose, there is a saying about advice falling on deaf........whatever, I don't want to get kicked out, you should ask for your 5 minutes back as well, i'm amazed you took the time to try and explain. If a moderator/staff reads this please take all posts off regarding this topic, there is an injustice to golf, common sense, and proper grammar taking place. Please do something about it, for the integrity of the site if nothing else.

Note: This thread is 5939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!