IGNORED

Garmin S3 Wrist Watch Rangefinder

Note: This thread is 2384 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Garmin S3 wristwatch rangefinder, allows you to adjust cup placement. 

That said, how can you accurately use that feature, since the hole placement could be ANYWHERE on the Green!?

1 hour ago, soupy1957 said:

The Garmin S3 wristwatch rangefinder, allows you to adjust cup placement. 

That said, how can you accurately use that feature, since the hole placement could be ANYWHERE on the Green!?

I think you have to know the pin placement with respect to the green center and move it your self.  That being said, I would just aim for the center of the green in most cases anyway. If the readout gives you front, center and back, then you should know what distance you need versus your shot zone.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have the Garmin S6.  It has the same cup placement function and I have never used it.  Seems too difficult to use your finger on the face of the watch to move the pin to a location that you are really not sure of anyway.  Front, Middle, Back should be all you need if you know the the pin is up front, middle or back.  My issue with GPS watches is that there is very little consistency from watch to watch.  I have playing partners that are also using a Garmin watch and we can stand in the same spot on the course and get a reading that is sometimes 5-10 yards different.  I have taken to carrying a laser rangefinder just to use on approaches to greens.  I still reference the front/middle/ back to confirm but, I have grown not to trust the watch as much because the distances are so inconsistent from watch to watch.... Anyone have the same experience?  How is it that two identical Garmin watches have different readings from the same spot?

Note: This thread is 2384 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!