IGNORED

Scoring Cheats Drive me Nuts!

sirshanksalot
Note: This thread is 5860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm ok with winter rules or SortaGolf if the course is busy to speed up play, or if everyone agrees to it ahead of time.

It's only a gimmie if one of your playing partners gives it to you. I never pick up my ball from a short putt unless someone I'm playing with says "that's good.. pick it up.".

In my Grom:

HiBore XLS 10.5 / ProLaunch Blue
Ti Great Big Bertha Warbird 3 Wood
Killer Whale 5 WoodPinemeadow Command 3 Hy Eye 2 + 4-9 Irons 588 RTG 49 "Special", Gunmetal 56, RTG 60 White Hot #5 Tour B330-RXEpoch Tees Royal Oaks Golf Club

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I play, I try to stay as close to the actual rules of golf as possible and do not try to cheat my scorecard since, you're only cheating yourself. I see countless number of people who are very lackadaisical about their scores and have an "estimated" score on each hole that drives me nuts. I think one of my biggest pet peeves is when a person inaccurately posts their score throughout a round and then informs everyone that they had a "great" day and scored in the 80's when in fact if they really counted the "mulligans", drop balls, gimmes, and out of bound free drops, they'd actually end up in the 120s.

i have the exact same situation you do, thats why I left my club, its all juniors though being cocky. I'm sure some people are like that on this forum as well.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Dont sign their scorecard, then. Im trying to get my first handicap right now and I was under the assumption that I have to get the card attested to in order to post it in the system. I been asking the person I played with to sign my card at the end of the round. Then I show it to the person in the pro-shop and post it on GINN.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Dont sign their scorecard, then. Im trying to get my first handicap right now and I was under the assumption that I have to get the card attested to in order to post it in the system. I been asking the person I played with to sign my card at the end of the round. Then I show it to the person in the pro-shop and post it on GINN.

Sign their scorecard? When I play with other people I have never signed, or had someone sign my scorecard. Unless it's in a tournament of match.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Signing the scorecard and then showing it to the pro is not really needed to make it official. As long as you trust your own score and you didn't cheat, your fine.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Signing the scorecard and then showing it to the pro is not really needed to make it official. As long as you trust your own score and you didn't cheat, your fine.

Oh..well i dunno..thats what ive been doing..

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I really only have to deal with this when playing with my older brother. I'll ask him what he had and he'll look like he's counting....bogey. After I had just counted his shots to add up to double or worse. I let it slide as he isn't really a fanatic of the game...just likes to play and we generally have fun playing. If he had interest in joining a league or anything, I'd start to correct him but I know that will never happen.....I'll let him have his vanity handicap. He still can't beat me anyway and I'd prefer to see him enjoy himself on the course.

Note: This thread is 5860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!