IGNORED

My 2007 Swing.

Dent
Note: This thread is 5938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've posted this before, but there are new members on this forum and I'd like to know what you guys think. Comments have been made such as I have a very nice swing, others have said I have a bad swing. I'd like some comments and tips from you guys once again. Thanks! Also, please do not post that I don't have any knee bend, I know I dont and I like it that way. I can't seem to feel comfortable when i bend my knees.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...62304841122638 (Side View)
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...66310154032642 (Behind View)

The last one was just an all out bad swing that ended up going wayyy right.

Thanks again!
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

First things first, tuck your shirt in

I would say that:
Your preshot routine is not doing you any favours, I would suggest after choosing your club and shot your going to hit etc that you stand behind the ball, making two - three swings with the golf shot you are about to hit in mind, then choose your target, and set up to the ball. I have never been a fan of taking practise swings next to the ball as:
1. When your move to the ball your hitting from a different target line, your perspective has changed
2. You could hit the ball, costing you a shot penalty.

Your swing:

At address your very right sided, for an iron you want your weight to be 50 - 50 on both feet, tilt your spine a bit more towards the target to help correct this.
Also your hands are to far behind the ball at address, this is not too much of an issue but it does affect your down swing, which I will explain in a second.

Your back swing to be honest is pretty good, great rhythm, not rushed and its all in control.

Your down swing suffers from a term known as "casting" you do not maintain a lot of wrist cock in your down swing, as your release the club at the top of your back swing, I think this is a result of both being very right sided at address, and having your hands too far behind the ball at address, if you correct those two faults I believe your swing will begin to self correct itself.

This is only a quick look at your swing, but I hope it helps.

JaY_B

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Thanks, and as for tucking my shirt in. I remember that shirt. It was too short :P
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

any other comments would be appreciated guys :)
In My Bag

Ok. you asked for it..so..

I really like your grip pressure. It seems very relaxed and the swing as a result is real fluid.
The other thing I observed was the axis of your shaft at address. I am not sure what club you were hitting there..looks like a mid-iron. If that is the case, I would keep my grip in front of the ball and hit down on the ball. It seems from the angle of the sideview video that your hands are about even or slightly behind with the ball. My guess is that your ball trajectory is on the flat side. How well do you spin the ball?

Otherwise just a nice easy pretty swing.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

As a young person, you've got the fluidity and flexibility in your swing such that most of us are very jealous. But, you have the impatience of a young person, and you want to hit that ball. Right now. So, I'll explain what's going on in your swing.

Your biggest issue is tempo. As you whip that club back, your transition starts, your hips rotate forward, but your club is still stuck behind you in that transition. With your hips wide open, but your club still coming down behind you, it creates that push right. You need to slow down the backswing and keep move your body and arms moving together. This will help keep the club from getting stuck behind you.

Remember, the backswing only functions to get the club into the proper position to make your swing and there's no reason to rush to get it back there.

Have fun!
JG

My son is 15 and we had to work together to get rid of that issue.

That shot to the right was not a bad shot, per se. You were actually aligned to that direction.

Just from experience and something that Jay alluded to. You need to properly align yourself. If not, you will continue to hit "bad shots."

Out of curiosity, if you are not bending your knees, how do you generate power and weight transfer?

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Thanks all for the comments. I new knew i really had that much to work on.

CBE: My ball flight is actually really high, which I do not like at all. My spin is pretty bad, but since the ball goes so high it just sticks right on.

golf_junkie: I'm not completely sure on the knee bend. You might not be able to see in the video, but I have my knees bent just a tad that maybe gives me that power I need. But I don't knee bend as much as most do.

Also, I do have a little bit of a weak swing. I can usually only hit my 7 iron 160-170 yards. So I guess I sacrifice distance with my clubs to get a comfortable swing.
In My Bag

If you hit a high ball now without apparently taking a divot, I think it should be something to do with the shaft. That discussion needs real knowledge and not rambling which my opinion really is.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Ya well i have the worst irons in the world.
In My Bag

nice tempo, legs are a little straight, was trying to figure out your grip as you seem to have a very long grip... hands spread out on shaft but maybe illusion of camera and this creates some of the excessive hinginess of swing, grip also looked strong but hard for me to tell, some folks like a strong grip so not necessarily a vice if able to duplicate result

ditto to whoever suggested the once piece takeaway to increase coordination of movements

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Thanks all for the comments. I new knew i really had that much to work on.

it might be me, but your clubface looks open at address. this might be why the ball goes high and right. i coudn't see where the ball landed, but you also lose some distance

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

ya i started generating this problem near the end of the year where id have an open clubface, That usually doesnt happen but at times it does so it mgiht have there.

Ganja: it might be an illusion of the camera because I usually find my 2 hands are really close to eachother.
In My Bag

There is not much I can add that has not been said. You have a very fluid swing and great flexibility. Your balance seems good. As far as only hitting a 7 iron 160-170, that is above average for most people. If you ask the average player they are in the 150 range with a 7.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!