IGNORED

My Swing (freedirt29)

freedirt29
Note: This thread is 2118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 1 year

My current handicap index or average score is: Don't have one
My typical ball flight is: push slice on driver, push on irons
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: 90 degree push slice LOL

Hey y'all thanks for looking at my swing first off! I've been a totally casual golfer just playing with the boys on Saturday drinking beer having fun not really caring about how I hit the ball which has developed some bad habits I'm sure. The problem is I don't know what they are at all. I tend to push my irons except for my high lofted ones 9 and up, I hit those pretty straight and am not worried about them but my irons below 9 I tend to push most of the time no slice. Driving I 99% of the time push slice and sometimes it is so extreme it will take a 90 degree angle and it's frankly just dangerous, if I can I just hit my lowest iron off the tee cause I'm just scared to hit someone with how bad it push slices. I've looked at videos online and don't do the 90 degree as much anymore but I still push right and it slices. I also simply can't hit my fairways and hybrids I always top them or it pushes extremely far right with a small slice. I'm saving to get professional lessons this summer but was hoping I could get some feedback on what I'm doing wrong before then and try to work on it a little. I started a new job and the guys all play golf and I don't want to be a total embarrassment when we play 

Sorry if the videos aren't the greatest I wasn't even expecting to upload them for anyone to watch!

Videos: 

•  

Edited by freedirt29

Welcome to the Sand Trap.  There are many people on this forum who can help your improve your swing.  I, however, am not one of those people.  But I can point you to some places on this forum that may be of help to you.

The first is directions on how to record your swing properly- "Home> Forums> The Practice Range> Member Swings> So You Joined TST and Posted a Member Swing Thread…".

The second is instructional content- " Home< Forums< The Practice Range< Swing Thoughts< TST Instructional Content".

Three things I noticed:

When you complete your back swing, your hips are almost parallel to your shoulders.  Looks like over swinging too much.

From the DTL (down the line) view you seem to be sitting on a short stool.  Look in the "TST Instructional Content" section for "Good Golf Posture".

Hard to tell from the face on views, but check out "How to Grip a Golf Club" in the "TST Instructional Content" section.

Grip and posture are two basic parts of the swing you can improve and then develop your swing from there.  Enjoy the journey of improvement. 

Another masochist ensnared by golf

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!