IGNORED

Not Gonna Be A Good Year.

Dent
Note: This thread is 5952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This year will probably be my worst year of golf ever

This year I wont be getting a junior membership at my golf club. I really love that place and It was basically my home in the summer. The rudeness of the members and all the bull%$% that goes on there makes me really angry.

The juniors are given no respect at that course by the staff nor the elder members. Furthermore, the restrictions at that course for juniors are rediculous and unheard of.

Second Of All

-This year I will not be able to make my high school golf team. Nobody is quiting the team and the previous team consisted of no Grade 12's, Which means none are leaving and moving on. Also, I'm not sure If im good enough to make it.

All of my local courses near my home are really bad and I dont not want to play them at all. Playing from course to course and not having one situated course makes me cringe.

So I'm reaching out to you guys for help. What other options Do i have that Do not include getting a membership at my local course? I have no other courses that are private near my home. Do I really have any other options?

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I don't think you have a whole lot of options: either you stop playing golf or you play against everyone just like I did in 2007.

If the elder guys at your club don't respect you, challenge them. Make them suffer, and if in the end they still don't respect you, just f*ck them! If they're not better than you, just beat them up. Beat them by has many has you can!

About the school team, just try your hard to get there.If, in the end of the day you didn't make it, at least you tried and you did try. "You didn't sat home crying about it".

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Please tell us more - what specifically is keeping you? Price going up? More restrictions? Or you just don't want to deal with them again?

Second Of All

So practice and earn your way onto the team. You won't be good enough to make it if you have that attitude. But you love playing golf, so go and treat the try-out week as a fun activity. Try to play the course where it's held a bit in advance to get a feel for it. And if you make it, great. And if not, ask the coach for advice for getting ready for the next try-out. Maybe he'll let you practice with the team and perhaps be an alternate if someone backs out or gets sick.

All of my local courses near my home are really bad and I dont not want to play them at all. Playing from course to course and not having one situated course makes me cringe.

I wonder how bad the courses really are? Are they worse than the attitude you get at your golf club? Unfortunately, at the moment you can't have a perfect situation. You just have to decide what is worth putting up with. An absence of golf? That'll hurt your chances for next year's team too, plus, do you really want to go without golf? It'll be like year-round winter. Dealing with the elitist members? Be polite to them when they approach you and ignore them otherwise. Odd times for the course? Practice the rest of the time. Imagine the course at the practice tee and at the putting green.

What grade are you in? Maybe work really hard at golf and at school and see if the folks will send you somewhere else for school next year where you can focus on golf while in school. I think there are high schools like that.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ya you guys are right.
Shindig, the elders are very rude and simply they give mean remarks towards the way I play, as in I am crap at the game. Or things like that.

Also the restrictions are stupid, here they are:

Must be under 19 prior to September 30, 2007 and older than 12 as of May 1,
2007. Not allowed to tee off between 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on weekdays except during the school
year when the Junior is allowed to tee off between 3:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Mondays and Fridays
only. Not allowed to tee off before 10 a.m. Monday through Friday and 11:30 a.m. on Saturdays,
Sundays and Holidays. May book tee times up to 3 days in advance.

The other juniors also annoy me. Constantly cheating, bragging about scores. And constantly asking me what I shot that day to compare and then brag that they beat me or something. And then If i beat them they make some lame excuse. I cant handle that kind of stuff this year.

Also, another thing Is i guess I wont have as much time seeing as im getting a job this summer. My only choice would prob be to golf at local courses.
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

First, be positive about this issue. The stuff you mentioned, largely, many golfers experience. Find a better approach to it.

Ultimately it will come down to you love the game enough to do what you have to to play it, or you don't. Outside of this general advice, perhaps you can join in with the older members at your course. I did this years ago at my course. While there are a few guys around my age, most are not and the vast majority of members are 15, 20 and 30+ years older than me. There's always going to be people you don't get along with, find the ones that you do and stick with them.

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

Dent,

Golf is an individual sport. You should not care what other people say to you. Yes, it's not good for morale but from experience, you should channel that energy into something positive. For example, all that you think is wrong with your game, channel that energy into fixing it. Remember, what does not kill you makes you stronger.

Two, as for people cheating and making snide remarks, again, don't let it get to you. The only thing more frustrating is taking a jab at someone and that person totally ignoring you. I'm speaking from experience. I have played with lots of cheaters , it drove me nuts and the affect on my game was not making it fun. Have you ever tried to hit a golf ball, well, while thinking 'This bleeping guy is such an expletive?" I haven't and neither have many people.

You're young, go and play the public courses. You will find that having to play courses that are not suitable to your taste will only make you focus, more. Remember, channel everything negative into something positive.

Good luck.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

try to live with the older members-i deal with this a lot at my club, they won't let me play through, get angry when i hit a bad shot, or they get angry because i wait to play to a green the it within my range. tolerance! you wold actually be surprised that if you get to know them or politely tell them "this is going to be a slow round, may i join you?" and many older golfers will like that. my golf pro actaully told me that he had 4 or five member who had played with me and said that i was a nice kid, and respected them and their game (and in return, they respected mine) if someone hits driver 4 iron to a green and you hit driver 7 iron, don't rub it in their face.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

thanks guys.

And especially thanks junky, Those were some good words of wisdom.

I just thought of something positive. If i play these local courses it will be something different every time. new challenges and such. I might even improve playing different courses each time. Playing the same course over and over hardly gets challenging.

Am I right?
In My Bag

golf can be fun in cow pasture (don't hit the cows) hit to a stake and chip. enjoy the game, its only a game.

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

thanks guys.

That's exactly, right. Playing new courses will improve your game. You might improve your course management. For example, let's say you normally hit a 7I 165 yards, carry. Now, your faced with the same 165 yard shot, only there is a pond in front. What do you do? Do you consider the pond? Do you say, "I can carry 165, the pond means nothing?"

The layout of the course will also determine what type of shots you'll take. Will I cut it? Draw? Lay-up? Will I go for the greens in two on shorter par 5s? So many variables. More to your original posting, only by doing so will you then be able to decide if playing these courses is truly worth it. A friend had told me that he hated a certain course near our house. I never played it because of that. Once I did, I realized that it was a good course with plenty of challenging holes. Like someone stated, EGO can be a terrible thing. Just continue to work on the game and make the game challenging and fun for you.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Playing new courses teaches you to play different kinds of golf. Some are target golf, some are made for bombers.

When one door closes, another door opens.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

thanks guys.

I can almost guarantee that you will be a better golfer if you get away from your comfort zone and learn to deal with new challenges. Playing with different people on different courses is the best way to see where your game really stands, and to find out how well your current game adapts to changing conditions. Having been a public course golfer my whole life, I can tell you that some good experiences await you... and some difficult ones too. Keep working on your game, and when you do get a chance to try out for the school team, your game will be ready for it.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

ya you guys are right.

Yeah, this sounds like something that isn't worth paying that much money for. Enjoy the job and play elsewhere.

I just thought of something positive. If i play these local courses it will be something different every time. new challenges and such. I might even improve playing different courses each time. Playing the same course over and over hardly gets challenging.

Very right. I'm going to get around to playing a variety of courses instead of the same one regularly, and I expect to see my game improve. Or at least I'll see more challenges, which will help me when I see yet another new course. I get too complacent in playing the same course over and over. I think you'll find the same benefit. And who knows? You might find a course you really like that's cheaper, less crowded, and populated by friendlier folks. I doubt you're going to find folks as bad as the elders or juniors at your previous home course. Enjoy both the job and the golf. And enjoy the tryouts, regardless of the result.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

this is my tip
im not sure how big you are like muscle wise but i suggest go to the gym work out and get massive and strong. also id the members say shit to you wreak them say stuff back not being rude or any thing just comments to shut them up and stare them down dont let them imtimidate you be confident or get some off you friends to join up so every time you play u can have a good round with your mates and not have to put up with the members. also like other people have said let your golf do the talking beat them challange them and wop their asses tiger went through the same thing the members at his club wanted and tried to get him thrown out of the club because of his race and now look at him jsut dont give up and if you have to play the public courses and practice practice practice get the best you can be
im gonna cop some crap with this but o well i cant stand old hacks that think they run the club

this is my tip

COMPLETELY agree about the old HACKERS that think they own the course, are better than everyone and think that no younger players should be allowed on the course, even though, they are the slowest, worst ettiquete (sorry bout spelling) and generally, worst players out of everyone, so just ignore them.

Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

What are you talking about? Sounds like you are set for a great year!! I have a membership at a great course but I play regularly at 5 different courses. Doing this, like everyone has said, improves your game greatly!!!

One of the courses I play at now, I have always hated!!! Just couldn’t score there, at the beginning of 2007 I had never broke 80 there. I would pull up into the parking lot and just quit. After playing there regularly this year I figured out how to play the course and shot 69, 74, in a tournament there at the end of last season.

As for the members at your club... they sound a lot like the ones at mine. But you know what, as soon as I tee off on one I am away from them. When they are in front of me or behind me.... who cares? Stay polite with them... smile, say hi, and go about your business. Its easy to get classed into a group with the other junior members.... show them you are different. It really doesn’t matter where you play, the same people with the same attitudes will be there... they just have different names, so its up to us, the ones that feel we don’t really fit in, or better yet don’t want to fit in with the crowd of a$$'s to be the bigger people.

As for the golf team... how do you know you’re not good enough? Try out anyway. If you don’t make it, talk to the coach and see if you can practice with the team to see if can learn anything from them. But above all else stay positive or neutral; never let anything negative into your head when it comes to golf.

Good luck and make it work for you, its not going to be handed to you.... go get it.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

COMPLETELY agree about the old HACKERS that think they own the course, are better than everyone and think that no younger players should be allowed on the course, even though, they are the slowest, worst ettiquete (sorry bout spelling) and generally, worst players out of everyone, so just ignore them.

Completely agreed. Some people out there are some of the greatest characters ever to walk a golf course, and besides, when another guy makes a bad shot it can take your mind off the 30 foot dribbler you just hit...

Conversely, I've run into some of the worst *******s possible on the golf course. And without fail the guy in question is well over 70. Either they're complaining that I've hit into them because the next four holes ahead are open, or they going even slower than usual because an under 40 is under behind them, or they're just begging for a fight.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Note: This thread is 5952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!