IGNORED

[TST BLOG] QOD Electric Golf Cart Review

TST Feedbot
Note: This thread is 2100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

QOD - A small and affordable golf cart for those who still appreciate when their good walks aren't spoiled.

The post QOD Electric Golf Cart Review appeared first on The Sand Trap.

Click here to view and comment on the full article.

Please do not comment on this thread.

Please comment on the original article.

Thank you.

• Administrator

To be clear, btw, this is a tiny electric golf cart that kicks some butt:

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about ready to bite the bullet and admit that my days of carrying my bag up and down the hills here are about over.  This review came at a good time, I'm looking seriously at the QOD.  I see that right now I can get 3 accessories at no charge, which would you recommend?  I'm leaning toward the scorecard holder, and the storage pouch, and undecided on the third.  I'm leaning away from the cell phone holder (I usually leave mine in the car) and the drink holder (since it can't hold a Gatorade bottle), which leaves the umbrella holder, and the trunk storage bag.  Any suggestions?

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

18 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm leaning away from the cell phone holder (I usually leave mine in the car) and the drink holder (since it can't hold a Gatorade bottle), which leaves the umbrella holder, and the trunk storage bag.  Any suggestions?

The QODs are very popular at my club;  if I were going to get one that I don't have to push myself, this is what I'd get too.

As for the drink holder, why not get one of those insulated water bottles that keep drinks cold for X many hours?  Then you can get the drink holder.  Before you go to the course, put ice in the bottle and pour in your sports drink.  Then it's still cold when you go for it.

I offer that as a suggestion because I also wouldn't make use of the cell phone holder, umbrella holder, or trunk storage bag, but I make frequent use of my (Sun Mountain, not QOD) cart's drink holder.

• Informative 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

I know if you're posting on your phone you can't see the signature on the OP, but it says:

Please do not comment on this thread.

Please comment on the original article.

Thank you.

That said, what the heck… we may as well post here for this particular topic now that it's a few posts deep already.

8 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm about ready to bite the bullet and admit that my days of carrying my bag up and down the hills here are about over.  This review came at a good time, I'm looking seriously at the QOD.  I see that right now I can get 3 accessories at no charge, which would you recommend?  I'm leaning toward the scorecard holder, and the storage pouch, and undecided on the third.  I'm leaning away from the cell phone holder (I usually leave mine in the car) and the drink holder (since it can't hold a Gatorade bottle), which leaves the umbrella holder, and the trunk storage bag.  Any suggestions?

Umbrella holder, storage pouch, scorecard holder. The last you could replace with the clean trunk thing (I haven't tested that), though.

8 hours ago, Shindig said:

I offer that as a suggestion because I also wouldn't make use of the cell phone holder, umbrella holder, or trunk storage bag, but I make frequent use of my (Sun Mountain, not QOD) cart's drink holder.

The umbrella holder can also keep you in the shade, even if you live where it's sunny.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well I guess I will post too... I'm interested in something like this but like the remote and the way some others follow you. I don't like the 3k price tag though so I may have to let it go and get this one. 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Valleygolfer said:

Well I guess I will post too... I'm interested in something like this but like the remote and the way some others follow you. I don't like the 3k price tag though so I may have to let it go and get this one. 

I've had the "remote" ones and the "follow" ones and the thing is… they're often more hassle than they're worth. You worry about remote range. Whether the cart can "hear" the remote. Whether it's following you the right way, or the slopes you're walking on… etc.

KISS.

IMO.

Note: This thread is 2100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!