IGNORED

Best TV Shows 2007/2008

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 5924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Since we have a thread for the best movie of 2007 I figured we should have one for TV as well.

Like with movies, I was always a huge TV fan. Unfortunately I don't have as much time so I only have a few that I watch regularly. My DVR always seems pretty full with stuff that I intend to watch but never get around to.

My favorites:

Friday Night Lights: I loved the book and liked the movie a lot. The TV show has become one of my must watch shows. I didn't miss an episode last year and it's set as a regular on my DVR this year. I have seen them all. I was worried where they would take the story this year, but overall it has been well written and continues to stay fresh. There have been a couple story lines that I didn't love but they do a good job of keeping each one entertaining. If you have not seen it, I would recommend that you rent the Season 1 box set first or you will miss a ton of character development. You can go to nbc.com and watch full episodes for this season online.

Life: This one was the big surprise for me this year. I absolutely love it. The whole conspiracy plot has been great. Unfortunately they have been off the air since before Christmas. As far as I know it is coming back but I think the writer's strike has put it on hold for a while.

There are not too many others I watch regularly. I will flip channels and end up watching a lot of TGC and other sports.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

"The Wire"

I'm in the minority, but this show kicks Soprano butt.

The writing, the characters, the inside view on Baltimore makes for very compelling TV. They don't dumb anything down or give you the fairy tale happy ending.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rob and Big...YOU GOT NETTED SPIDY hahahahhaha
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I forgot Entourage. It is the reason I keep HBO.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator
I forgot Entourage. It is the reason I keep HBO.

Entourage, definitely. But I didn't get HBO for it. Watched it using other people's HBO.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

South Park is the best television show ever.
I did extensive research.
There is a test group of 1 with no control group.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

South Park is the best television show ever. I did extensive research. There is a test group of 1 with no control group.

I like the use of scientific data to come to this conclusion. I'm glad to see you eliminated all the possible variables, like other people's input. Well done. Great show by the way. I loved "The List."

By far Entourage is the best show on TV IMO. Johnny Drama is a classic (VICTORY!), and Ari, well he has some of the best one liners I've ever heard on any show. All of the eye candy doesn't hurt either

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Entourage, definitely. But I didn't get HBO for it. Watched it using other people's HBO.

Sounds like you need a "Don't Pay Per View" box. I don't have one. I'm just sayin'...

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I watch an almost shameful amount of TV, and for my money, 30 Rock is by far the best show on right now.

The writing is so different than anything else out there. Highly satirical and intelligent. They cover Pop Culture to Politics, and everything in between.

You almost have to DVR each episode and watch them more than once just to get all the jokes. If you haven't seen it you can catch up online.

In only it's second season this year, it is already in my career top 5.

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

I can only afford to get hooked into one or two shows. The one I love is Lost, but I have a buddy that raves about the Wire. I may have to get the DVDs and watch them all in a week.

My favorite guilty pleasure is Big Brother. No comments...I am really putting myself out there!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I'm a automotive nut so Top Gear on BBC Monday nights at 8pm. By far the best automotive show on TV.

Entourage is amazing, Ari's the man. I hope to think like him a couple years.

Weaponolgy, Military Channel love history and military history.

If you get Fuel TV, alternative sports channel, all the show are sick. But Insane Cinema is the best they show a bunch of indie films and quick 30 min shows that are from the industry. I love snowboarding, to be free on a mountain is better than any course (to me atleast)!
In the bag:

Driver: 905R 9.5* NV-Stiff
Woods: (Tour Issue) 906f2 15* Speeder-Stiff
Irons: 695CBWedges: Vokey 252.08, Vokey Spin Milled 256.14Putter: Studio Stainless 2.5 (35 1/2" 350g)Ball: Pro V1x (Low #'s)

Desperate Housewives
South Park
Countdown with Keith Olbermann

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I watch an almost shameful amount of TV, and for my money,

For the Wire, I turn on subtitles when watching the DVDs to make sure I understand everything.

*English* subtitles. And when I read the synopsis for an episode I watched, I noticed I've missed many subtle plot points. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1HUlTKvDUI

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Although I don't watch them regularly, Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs are great. I can sit for hours watching them. I like home improvement shows as well. Not so much the interior decorating, but the construction and renovation stuff. I do a lot of that type of stuff.

The Office
House
Scrubs

Those are my favorites right now.
In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

Although I don't watch them regularly, Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs are great. I can sit for hours watching them.

Same here. Great shows I don't intend to watch, but when I do sit down to watch them I wind up watching for hours.

I bought a flat panel LCD for the bedroom last Christmas for the wife since she likes to watch TV there when I'm gone. Unfortunately, getting the remote from her is like trying to get a T-bone from a pit bull. I have the scars to prove it! Fortunately, we both like to watch House and Friday Night Lights. When I do sneak the remote away it's usually the Golf Channel and a couple of other things, but I'm usually not home enough to get into much.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

I really liked Drive (2007) and am enjoying The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008). However, I have to watch at friends' places, as I haven't had TV (other than a television set for purposes of watching DVDs) since Firefly was canceled. I might have to get around to getting the HD "equivalent" of rabbit ears so I can watch Sarah Connor at home. That and golf.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 5924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!