IGNORED

My Swing (Timo GD)

Timo GD
Note: This thread is 1088 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 7 moths
My current handicap index or average score is: 17.8
My typical ball flight is: high right to left
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: 1. right to right slice -> gives me nightmares 2. unintentional left to right (its "ok" most of the time, but I don't intent to do it)

Videos: 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hn0DOq61Zh0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

how do I embed that video correctly? 😮

31 minutes ago, Timo GD said:

I've been Playing Golf for: 7 moths
My current handicap index or average score is: 17.8
My typical ball flight is: high right to left
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: 1. right to right slice -> gives me nightmares 2. unintentional left to right (its "ok" most of the time, but I don't intent to do it)

Videos: 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hn0DOq61Zh0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

how do I embed that video correctly? 😮

You need to copy the video URL by right clicking on the video and not just copying the URL line.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It almost looks like you're trying to help it up in the air, leaning back and throwing the club at it with your arms.

I would suggest if you were to turn your body more through impact you would see an improvement in the ball flight

1 hour ago, Bob Mac said:

turn your body more through impact you would see an improvement in the ball flight

You mean that I should use my arms less and my body more?

21 minutes ago, Timo GD said:

You mean that I should use my arms less and my body more?

Not really less arms, just more turn through the ball.

This is you at impact. See how you have little turn in your hips and your right foot is planted flat.

.Untitledrte.jpg.52c82e90c8720a5043d58aeb61cc1588.jpg

2 hours ago, Bob Mac said:

Not really less arms, just more turn through the ball.

This is you at impact. See how you have little turn in your hips and your right foot is planted flat.

Ah ok, got it!

I guess that I'll initially hit more balls to the right since I'm late then, right?

1 hour ago, Timo GD said:

Ah ok, got it!

I guess that I'll initially hit more balls to the right since I'm late then, right?

Your body isn't turning in the downswing so the swing path can't square up the clubface in time until after impact..

Compare your picture above with Rory below

Untitled4.thumb.jpg.e055a40717ad8899297e979074746935.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bob Mac said:

Your body isn't turning in the downswing so the swing path can't square up the clubface in time until after impact..

Compare your picture above with Rory below

Got it!

I'll try to turn my body more tomorrow on the range.

Also, my arms look so much straighter than Rory's, is that something I should work on?

Thans so far!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, 2 weeks ago I bought an alignment stick and discovered that I was aiming with my feet and shoulders 15 to 20 degrees to the right of my target. I think you call that sth like hitting over cross.

Now that I fixed the alignment problem I am slicing 80% of my drives from 10 to 50 feet to the right. 

Yesterday I recorded myself hitting drivers for 15 minutes down the line. One of the 2 videos has a horrible quality, no idea why, sorry for that. 

Thanks for all the help!

3 minutes ago, Bob Mac said:

Are your feet correct in the videos above? because your shoulders are pointing 30 yards left of your feet.

My feet are correct, I added a alignment stick on the first video at 2:35 just to be sure. Now that you are saying it, I never thought about checking my shoulder. I thought they'd be aligned correctly when my feet are too. They are not obviously 😮

• Administrator

@Timo GD, these camera angles are really quite bad. Here are the instructions on where to put the camera for a good angle: https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, Timo GD said:

My feet are correct, I added a alignment stick on the first video at 2:35 just to be sure. Now that you are saying it, I never thought about checking my shoulder. I thought they'd be aligned correctly when my feet are too. They are not obviously 😮

I'd say that's the reason for the slice.

The swing will largely follow your shoulder alignment rather than your feet and you are cutting across the ball.

Edited by Bob Mac

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

@Timo GD, these camera angles are really quite bad. Here are the instructions on where to put the camera for a good angle: https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing.

Thanks, I'll come up with better ones next time!

5 minutes ago, Bob Mac said:

I'd say that's the reason for the slice.

The swing will largely follow your shoulder alignment rather than your feet and you are cutting across the ball.

Will try that asap, thanks!

Note: This thread is 1088 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!