IGNORED

Titleist ap3

Note: This thread is 2087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got a deal on some ap3 with project x 6.0 shafts.  Having real trouble hitting them. I’m a long hitter, swing fast and fast tempo. Knowing this the 6.0 should be the shaft for me.  I have no distanced with the clubs. My old burner my pw was 150.  Seems that’s about what all my clubs with ap3 go now.  Any suggestions?? Besides selling them

Maybe start out getting the specs checked, loft and lie, etc. If they are all going the same distance that might be a part of the problem. Length and swing weight also maybe. Is the ball flight low or high with the new sticks? Not sure what burner irons you are coming from but the weights may be very different from the new ones. Without seeing the clubs or your swing, that would be my suggestion to start. Also make sure you are giving the new clubs a chance. If the weights etc, are different you may just need time getting used to them.

I will be taking them for a round on course tonight.  We will see what happens.  Ball flight with new irons is low.  If same symptoms are present tonight I will be taking them and looking at a possible reshaft after I get fitted.   FOr what I paid for them I want to give them a chance.  Got a amazing deal!!

Those Burner shafts were probably lighter and higher launching compared to PX. Also I have found as a general rule Titleist irons are going to launch lower across the board even in the more forgiving models.

Note: This thread is 2087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!