metbid

Cleveland CG stand bag

3 posts / 731 viewsLast Reply

I purchased a Cleveland CG stand bag a few months ago. At first I was very pleased with the bag, it has great features and a 14-way top for club separation (which was my main reason for the purchase).  I was a little confused by the zipper inside the clothes storage compartment that opens into the bag main club area.  Now I have had the bag for a while, I think I know what it is for  😞 Often the clubs tend to conflict with other shafts so much that it is hard to seat the clubs fully in the individual sleeves. I've had the 3 wood affect seating the wedges.  Just guessing, but maybe the zipper is to access your shafts to try and straighten them out.

The separators need to extend farther down into the bag to alleviate the issue.

shopping.png

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

12 hours ago, metbid said:

I purchased a Cleveland CG stand bag a few months ago. At first I was very pleased with the bag, it has great features and a 14-way top for club separation (which was my main reason for the purchase).  I was a little confused by the zipper inside the clothes storage compartment that opens into the bag main club area.  Now I have had the bag for a while, I think I know what it is for  😞 Often the clubs tend to conflict with other shafts so much that it is hard to seat the clubs fully in the individual sleeves. I've had the 3 wood affect seating the wedges.  Just guessing, but maybe the zipper is to access your shafts to try and straighten them out.

The separators need to extend farther down into the bag to alleviate the issue.

shopping.png

Thanks for posting.

OEM bag makers refer to that as 'full length' dividers. Even with that, sometimes the grips can hang up. I have a Titleist bag, made by Sun Mountain, and an older Sun Mountain bag, both with full length dividers. They still, on occasion, will hang up a bit.

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, this is more than occasional hanging up. They seem to conflict most of the time during the round.  I had a Nike bag previously that I can't remember ever having this issue.