famousdavis

My Last Club Championship Win

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

I was amazed at the crowds yesterday and how they swarmed the green as Tiger strode up to his ball.  It reminded me of my last club championship.  We had a gallery of almost 60 members watching myself and Sherman Anderson duel it out over 36 holes.  Of course we were the final match and the entire country club was thrilled.  I'm a fairly popular member of my club.  I've won the club championship 3 times and I'm the best player at the club.  It's a member-owned club and that makes all the difference.  I've served on the board.  The club champions dinner is a sight to behold and I always give a great speech.  

I remember winning that last match and how all the members were jumping up and down and then waiting to shake my hand.  I'll never forget that day.  I now have the coveted club champion's parking spot, name on the trophy for the third time and everyone at the club calls me "Champ".  

Well I'm off to the club to get some range time in and then have dinner.  Might play some gin afterward with the gents.  Usually my good friend Bart and I sip a Mint Julep before I head home.  

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

17 hours ago, lastings said:

cool. 

Thanks.  I know I'm lucky.  I've belonged to country clubs since I was a young lad.  We'd play 18 holes, go to the snack shack and we'd put the burger and fries on my parents club number.  Then we'd go play another 18.  That's how I became a champion. 

18 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

Thanks.  I know I'm lucky.  I've belonged to country clubs since I was a young lad.  We'd play 18 holes, go to the snack shack and we'd put the burger and fries on my parents club number.  Then we'd go play another 18.  That's how I became a champion. 

cool. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades