IGNORED

Fat irons

Dunit507
Note: This thread is 2029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Finding myself chunking irons. Weight transfer be the likely target? It’s not ball position as my divots are starting well behind the ball and I’ve even taken effort to play the ball back more to see if that would be the case. When I do that I chunk it worse. I feel like I may not be getting onto my front side. Any thoughts?

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When I am doing it, I find that I have too long of a back swing and it pulls my head back causing me to hit it fat.

• Upvote 1
  • Informative 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

2 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

When I am doing it, I find that I have too long of a back swing and it pulls my head back causing me to hit it fat.

Good thought. I’ve been focusing on making a good turn with my driver. Haven’t had any problems with my wedges on approach shots 60-100 cause I’m not taking a full swing. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Note: This thread is 2029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!