IGNORED

Which Tour Professional Has Influenced Your Game the Most?

bkuehn1952
Note: This thread is 1939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Which Tour Professional Has Most Influenced Your Game the Most?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which current or former pro tour player has had the most influence on your game (not teaching pros or instructors, please)

• Jack Nicklaus
    • Ben Hogan
    • Harry Vardon
    • Tiger Woods
    • Mickey Wright
    • Greg Norman
    • Ray Floyd
    • Tom Watson
    • Someone else - please post the pro's name

I love the way bubba watson play. Working the ball both sides at command. I can do that with my driver, but not with my irons consistently at least for now.

Honorable mention to Jack, when i was a kid and started playing i used to read his little books with tips. They were really helpfull.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/12/2018 at 2:10 PM, bkuehn1952 said:

A comment by @Curt seemed like a decent question to kick around.  Let's limit it to professional golfers who play or have played on tour (or what would have been the "Tour" but for the time period).  In a lot cases, no "Tour Pro" has influenced our game

Which Professional Golfer Has Most Influenced Your Game?

I would say that no tour pro has had a large influence, perhaps to my detriment.  There is one individual with some influence and that is Jack Nicklaus.  To this day I try to heed his advice from "Golf My Way" about the most likely ball flight for a lie where the ball is below/above my stance or uphill/downhill.

How about the rest of you?  Admittedly the poll's choices are limited so if anyone is missing, just mention him/her in a post.

Like you, I'd owe what little I've been able to absorb from Jack Nicklaus and "Golf My Way".  I use a similar open stance for putting, and I use the spot aiming method that I first read about in his book.  I started playing in about 1974 when Jack was in his prime, so after devouring his book, it was natural to pick up some of his mannerisms, but to actually say that my game in any way resembled his would be pure fantasy.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!