IGNORED

OK, I Think I'm Going to Watch Pebble Beach

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Some more information on his life, saves me the trouble of translating Korean, was gonna do that, look for Korean sources, but this makes things a little easier.

4. He learned to play golf from reading magazines

At age 25, Choi found a job working part-time at Anyang Country Club, which had recently undergone a renovation by architect Robert Trent Jones Jr. to toughen up a layout that was nearly three decades old. Choi had little interest in playing golf on a regular basis … until a management change in 1997. “The general manager of the course encouraged every employee to ‘experience’ golf,” Choi recalls.

So Choi became more serious about the sport, teaching himself golf in a very unique way.

“I had no coaches back then as it’s expensive,” he says, “but there were many golf magazines that I learned from. I would try to copy the golf swings of Tiger Woods, Ernie Els, Annika Sorenstam. All of their swings were in those magazines. Of course, they were all snapshots of the swing, not a video, but I was able to apply by looking at them.”

HosungChoi-JapanGolfTour.jpg

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. – Get ready, golf world. Ho Sung Choi is about to take America by storm.

Ha ha.

1549377402201.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

According to Golfweek, Green Bay Packer quarterback Aaron Rodgers will be one of the amateurs in Ho Sung Choi's foursome.  Choi's amateur partner is Chris O'Donnell.  Rodgers is playing with Wisconsinite, Jerry Kelly

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!