IGNORED

43" Driver & 41" 3wood

golfjedi777
Note: This thread is 1866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a 44" backup of my current driver, a Callaway XR16 Sub Zero.  I play them both currently at 8.5*, same Aldila Rogue I/O shaft.  Virtually identical, except for the 1" difference.

The difference is more in feel and ball flight than distance to me.  The shorter club is easier to hit bullets with. I think I could just switch to it and it would make no difference.  Theoretically it should be shorter-hitting, but in practice, it's not that different. 

If I cut off another inch to get it to 43", I'd probably have to add some loft (for my personal swing/ball flight). It certainly does feel good at setup to have a shorter length shaft.

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

Uncut....hehehe

I can only hazard a guess which interpretation of “uncut” you are smirking about 😂

• Like 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As I increased my swing speed, I found playing with shorter clubs gave me more control and more consistency. I got fitted for clubs and this was a suggestion the pro gave me that has worked for me so far. At the end of the day, I think it comes down to what feels the most comfortable for you than anything else. 

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 1866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!