6 posts / 591 viewsLast Reply

As the title says, ive always suffered with staying connected, but in my quest to gain that ive gotten very narrow on the backswing

Anyone know of any drills to achieve both? Cheers

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

7 minutes ago, carpediem4300 said:

As the title says, ive always suffered with staying connected, but in my quest to gain that ive gotten very narrow on the backswing

Anyone know of any drills to achieve both? Cheers

Are you talking about your upper arms to your body? You could try the glove under the armpit drill.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Are you talking about your upper arms to your body? You could try the glove under the armpit drill.

Yeah im quite good (feel quite good) at staying connected. If i feel both arms connected well i maintain the width but chunk it a bunch, left arm connected i shank it a bunch, right arm connected i hit it quite cleanly but get narrow at the top

I prefer the right arm feeling, it stops that arm getting stuck on the downswing and gets me some decent distance, but the narrowness is making it a bit streaky

(As a side note from your analysis of my swing i hit the range last night and steeper shoulders definately tightened my dispersion) 

They're kinda opposite terms. The right elbow in particular will have to come off the ribs a bit to feel "wide."

Aren't you working on something from your Member Swing topic?

1 minute ago, carpediem4300 said:

Yeah im quite good (feel quite good) at staying connected. If i feel both arms connected well i maintain the width but chunk it a bunch, left arm connected i shank it a bunch, right arm connected i hit it quite cleanly but get narrow at the top

I prefer the right arm feeling, it stops that arm getting stuck on the downswing and gets me some decent distance, but the narrowness is making it a bit streaky

(As a side note from your analysis of my swing i hit the range last night and steeper shoulders definately tightened my dispersion) 

I think of right arm connected more in terms of the pitch elbow feeling. It is discussed in the thread below.

My instructor, who posted this video in this thread, has a really good drill for this. The feel for me isn't staying connected per se . It is more that my right arm is pushing against my left hand and that keeps my right elbow in the proper position to start the down swing. When your right elbow stays in the 'pitch elbow' position, it helps stop early release of your club hinge or casting. Flying elbows can get stuck behind the body and cause lots of problems.

33 minutes ago, iacas said:

They're kinda opposite terms. The right elbow in particular will have to come off the ribs a bit to feel "wide."

Aren't you working on something from your Member Swing topic?

Just shoulder angle based on member swing 😁😁