IGNORED

Accidentally Order Driver Shaft With No Attachments

Note: This thread is 1890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have an R15 driver, and my instructor recommended going with an extra-stiff shaft instead of the current stiff shaft. It has a Fujikura Speeder 57, so I ordered a replacement Fujikura Speeder 57 in extra stiff (however it's from an SLDR rather than R15, but I figured it's the same). I noticed after it shipped that it didn't have an adapter on it, and I'm completely new to this (I was figuring I could just screw it on). It also says it is "uncut" but is 44-1/2". I'm not sure what this means. Can anyone tell me what my next steps are? Do I order an adaptor and some club glue - or am I able to take the adapter piece off my R15's current shaft and re-use it? The adapter is just the threaded piece correct? Thanks in advance!

The ad reads:

NEW TaylorMade (SLDR) Fujikura Speeder 57 Extra Stiff Flex (Driver/Fairway) Shaft
The shaft is uncut and 44.5 inches
.350 tip
The shaft has not been used but does have some scratches/scuffs from shipping/handling/storage with other shafts
The shaft does not come with cutting/tipping instructions
No grip/adapter/sleeve is included

Hmmm, others may be able to comment, I have little to no experience with shafts, tips, etc., but it sounds to me like you need to take your new shaft and R15 to a good pro shop and see what they say. Sorry for the lack of assistance.  

53 minutes ago, cooke119 said:

Hmmm, others may be able to comment, I have little to no experience with shafts, tips, etc., but it sounds to me like you need to take your new shaft and R15 to a good pro shop and see what they say. Sorry for the lack of assistance.  

Thanks for the reply!

What does uncut mean?  

I'll bring it to the local shop as I think I'm out of my element hear. 

5 minutes ago, Keasbey Peppers said:

What does uncut mean?  

It means it hasn't been trimmed to playing length.  

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Keasbey Peppers said:

it didn't have an adapter on it,

You can purchase the tip adapter, check at local golf stores or search online.

1 hour ago, Keasbey Peppers said:

or am I able to take the adapter piece off my R15's current shaft and re-use it?

Yes it can be removed.
The key is cleaning the old glue out of it with a small wire brush to reuse.
Again, speak to someone at a golf store and they can make recommendations for either DIY or having it done.
Most stores charge a minimal fee to re-shaft a club when you bring them the components.

DIY is fairly easy, experience is best,

• Thumbs Up 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

2 hours ago, Keasbey Peppers said:

take this new shaft that's .350 and put a .350 Taylormade adapter, will it work on my R15?

Probably not, adapters are made for specific items.

3 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Probably not, adapters are made for specific items.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't mating to the R15 head (or M1 or SLDR or M3 etc) only depend on the side of the adapter with the threads, not the side the tip of the shaft goes into?

3 minutes ago, Keasbey Peppers said:

Correct me if I'm wrong,

TM tip adapters
The TM0022 is for a .350" tip size shaft. If you are installing a .335" tip size shaft the TM0023 would be the adaptor you need.

TM R15 adapter.jpg

4 hours ago, Keasbey Peppers said:

my question is whether the driver head is designed to only take an adapter that has a .335 tip, if the connection side to the head on the .350 adapter

According to what I have read, the answer would be yes. 
Take a look at the chart from "grips for less"

TM Chart - Tip Adapters

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Interchangeable and Compatible Shaft Adapter

Fits various Taylormade Driver models (see model table below)

Available in RH 0.335 Tip, LH 0.335 Tip, and RH 0.350 Tip

Made from high-quality Aircraft Grade Titanium, PVC, and Rubber

This chart list the models which use these adapters

TM Chart.PNG

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!