Sign in to follow this  
nevets88

Free Solo Is on Hulu - Highly Recommend

4 posts / 370 viewsLast Reply

First attempts, it took weeks and tons of equipment for climbers to get to the top of El Capitan. Watch Alex Honnold try and do it with nothing but a bag of resin before you finish 18 holes. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I watched it last night, it is an amazing documentary. It was so well filmed that my wife walked out of the room a few times because it was tough to digest and difficult to look at the risk Alex was taking.

I think Alex Honnold's body and brain function in ways most of us cannot remotely imagine and that was documented (medically) very well.

I highly recommend it, if you can handle the tension and sweaty hands.

However, I have one question: Should this type of risk taking be allowed?

Edited by Nave

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

First attempts, it took weeks and tons of equipment for climbers to get to the top of El Capitan. Watch Alex Honnold try and do it with nothing but a bag of resin before you finish 18 holes. 

Having watched ‘Assault on El Capitan’ I’m interested in this. There were some supreme ass***** in the local climbing community regarding Ammon Mcneeley and his unorthodox route in climbing the mountain. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll definitely watch this.