IGNORED

Best golf ball....UMM???

Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which is the best....??

• Titleist ProV1
    • Bridgestone B330
    • Nike ONE Platinum
    • Callaway Tour Xi
    • other...please explain!

I am a 25 handicap golfer and i hit, have ALWAYS hit, used golf balls(Nike anything perferably). I have been reading up on different golf balls and i was curious what you all thought was the best ball given the choices. So which do you all like, an explanation would be GREAT!

In my Xtreme II carry bag:

Mizuno Driver
MacGregor 3Wood
Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 3i CG Gold Graphite Irons (4-PW) 52* CG14 wedge Vokey 56* Sand Wedge Vokey 60* Lob Wedge 33" Newport

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a 25 handicap golfer and i hit, have ALWAYS hit, used golf balls(Nike anything perferably). I have been reading up on different golf balls and i was curious what you all thought was the best ball given the choices. So which do you all like, an explanation would be GREAT!

I've made plenty of mistakes when purchasing balls. Ideally, you should use a ball that you can compress. The more you can compress it the further it will travel. You also may be interested in a softer ball that spins, less. I don't know where you struggle. You may hit short irons well but struggle with the driver. A little info on your game may help.

Lastly, drumroll, get fitted for a ball. Go to a fitter and hit as many different balls as possible. Find the one that works best. If you can't or don't want to do that, I will suggest some balls: Precept Laddie Extreme Maxfli Noodle Long and Soft Nike Mojo Titleist DT Carry Pinnacle Gold All these are suitable for you, right now. As you get better and develop a more consistent swing and game, you'll then make the switch.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

agree - its important to try golf balls as we demo clubs!

In my Sun Mountain 3.5 light stand bag:

Driver: Burner (10.5 degree)
Hybrids: 3DX DC (17 degree)
Irons: Taylormade R7 (4-AW)SW: Vokey Spin Milled (56 degree)Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (coming soon)Balls: Pro V1 and NXT Tour

i used to be a titleist pro v guy, but i'm going to go w/ the callaway hx tour and ix now on. for some reason, the callawy explodes harder off the face and stops for me very quickly on the green. They also seem much more durable than the titleist.

If i was a 25 hc, i'd just play whatever i can get my hands on.

Being a high handicapper....use whatever...

Unless you are more confident using what "they" say to use....

they= marketing execs. at manuf.

Cool, good info.
For me personally, i hit my drives well, good distance, but i have trouble with keeping them as straight as i'd like too..My iron shots are generally good shots, BUT i have trouble with spin...i need more spin. My short game isn't bad...its the putting that keeps that handicap so high(but thats another story)!! So thats my game in a nutshell...

funny you said MOJO, i hit those currently and LOVE them!

Mizuno Driver
MacGregor 3Wood
Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 3i CG Gold Graphite Irons (4-PW) 52* CG14 wedge Vokey 56* Sand Wedge Vokey 60* Lob Wedge 33" Newport

For me I like the Nike One Platnium, as I said for "me".

i hit my drives well, good distance, but i have trouble with keeping them as straight as i'd like too..My iron shots are generally good shots, BUT i have trouble with spin...i need more spin.

I am assuming you hit a slice, if not replace slice with hook in the following. There is no one miracle ball that will cure your slice, sure you could use a ball that spins less to reduce the slice spin, but you also said you are looking for a ball with more spin. So with your driver more spin = more slice. So you need to work out the slice with maybe some lessons or something before you start looking at balls that spin more. The lessons may help you generate more spin with the irons as well.

Go to a fitter and hit as many different balls as possible. Find the one that works best.

I would agree with that.

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I obviously know there is no miracle ball...i was just looking for some opinions on various balls.

i do have a slice, but am working hard to improve it..just to clarify.
thx for the help tho!

Mizuno Driver
MacGregor 3Wood

I obviously know there is no miracle ball...

Hope I didn't sound like an a**, I was just trying to illustrate the point that a spin ball is not the best choice if you slice it. For a long time I hit distance balls to keep the slice down to a minimum(now my miss is usually left). The problem I had was they didn't spin well in to the greens. So now that I rarely slice the ball I tried a few(Callaway, Pro V1, Bridgestone), and personally I like the Nike One Platnium the best, seems to be a good balance between distance and spin for me.

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I have always used the Titleist Pro V but this year I am trying the new Bridgestone 330. Will let you know if I see any major difference.

If you are not interested in which ball you play but the price then I would suggest trying different balls but buy them from an online store such as knetgolf.com you can buy different grades and all are good. They ship in the US and Canada. I ordered some Thursday and had them on Friday.

Taylormade Superquad 9.5
Taylormade hybrid 3, 4,5
MP-57 5-P
Cleveland 56 & 60
Scotty Cameron PutterPro V-1

ProV1x because I like the feel and workability. I don't stray to far from them unless I have to.

In the Bag:
Driver 907 D2, 8.5*, Accuflex x-stiff
3 Wood 904F 15*, Accuflex V2, x-stiff
Hybrid 585H, 19*, Aldila NV 85S
Irons MP 57's, + 1", 1* up, Project X 5.5Wedges Titleist Spin Milled 56* and 60*, oil can, +1/2", 1* upPutter :Scotty Cameron: Newport 2Ball ProV1Bag: OGIO Gromwww.quail...

no its all good, i didn't think you were being an a**, its all good..i understand wat you were saying. i went to range just now and figured i need to keep my head down, TURN MY WRISTS!!!(this is annoying..), and keep my right elbow against my side to keep my club face from going outside....we'll see if that helps!!

keep the opinions coming...

Mizuno Driver
MacGregor 3Wood

I used to play with the Pro V1x , been playing Titleist since the days of the old Professional ball.

but I made a switch to the Nike ONE Platinum, mainly as I like the way it comes off the face when I'm chipping, it doens't seem to spring off the face like the Pro V1x does, which gives me more confidence, and I find it easier to control the spin and trajectory.

I'm voting Callway HX Hot. I can't justify the cost of ProV1(x)s unless I'm close to becoming a scratch golfer. I guess the better question is, "What is the best ball for you?"

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I love the Bridgestone B330--i like its distance and it is more durable than Pro V1's which is a big plus ..

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

i like to use the titliest dt solos and nxt tours. the solos are great just off the green. it gives you the perfect spin and you can bomb it down the fairway. a great overall ball.

In my bag:
r7 Driver 9.5*
3 and 7 wood
3dx Hybrid 17*
3-PW DCI 990 irons 56* Hooter SW CG10 60* Wedge White Hot XG 2 Ball Putter Pro V-1

Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!