IGNORED

Most comfortable walking shoes.....

Note: This thread is 5715 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What have been the most comfortable walking shoes you've owned.

I'm not concerned about dressy models for formal rounds....I'm talking about the pair I'll wear on early morning walking rounds....moslty solo eneavors....in hopes of finishing up before the 11:00am or so.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I REALLY want to hear this one, I need walking shoes and would love to know what is the best.
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)
SM,54.11MP-T,60.05Anser 2

A couple of pairs come to mind....my Footjoy Dryjoys are very comfortable. Also look at the Ecco line of shoes, I think they are a touch more comfortable than the Footjoy shoes.

This is coming from someone who walks just about every round possible.
Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5 Red Prolaunch Stiff
3 Wood/5Wood: Taylormade Tour Burner TP Stiff
Hybrid: Taylormade CGB 3i Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 Project X 5.5
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Oil Can 52/56Putter: Odessey 2 BallBall: Srixon Z-URS

addidas tour band 360's - i just picked up a pair and walked a round today - they rock

In my bag:
Titleist 910D2 w/Diamana Kaali'Stiff
Titleist 910F w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff
Titleist 910F Hybrid 19 degree w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff

Titleist AP1 Irons - TT S300
Titleist Vokey SM 50, 54 & 58 - Titleist Scott Cameron Newport

What have been the most comfortable walking shoes you've owned.

Are you talking about general walking shoes? Or Golf Shoes?

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I have adidas 360s (the original version), and i just picked up some nike sp IIs on e-bay for CHEAP.

I have to say that both are very comfortable, but after a year of walking, my adidas shoes have stretched out about half a size, and the balls of my feet now hurt a lot after walking a round. They also took about 2-3 rounds to break in and get really comfortable... overal they are very nice shoes though, and I am glad i bought them but...

I like the NIKE SP II shoes better. They are DEAD comfortable the first time wearing them (i didn't even think about my feet the whole round), and my feet felt absolutely perfect when i got to my car afterwards. I got them because I got matched up with a single the other day who was wearing them (for the first time), and he told me they were amazingly comfortable for him too. Add to that the fact that I got them for something like 55 dollars on e-bay... you cannot beat that.

NIKE SP II shoes.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Footjoy Contour Series. Hands down the most comfortable shoe I've worn even compared to my regular street shoes.

I agree...add an insert and it is even better.

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I have foot problems galore and wear podiatrist built orthotic inserts almost all of my street shoes and golf shoes. The only shoes I don't need them in are my Eccos and FJ Reel Fit adjustables. Both are extremely comfortable...and I walk almost every round I play.

Driver: Burner TP 8.5* 65 gram Fujikura Rombax shaft 46" Stiff Midsize Tour Velvet Grip
4 Wood: 16.5* Tour Edge Exotics Accra XT60 shaft
7Wood: 21* Tour Edge Exotics Accra XT60
Hybrids: Baffler DWS 3/R (20*)& 4/R (24*), Aldila VS Proto-HL 65 Stiff
Irons: MX-25 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro 950 GH, +.75"...

Are you talking about general walking shoes? Or Golf Shoes?

Sorry...should've been more specific. I'm talking about golf shoes.

I'm a big guy (too big) who is trying to lose a few pounds while at the same time getting back into the game I love. Early morning walking rounds will provide me with some excellent golfing practice as well as burn calories. Comfort is a huge "must have". I've been through a several pairs of DryJoys that have done well for "riding" golf, but don't cushion well enough (for my large arse) on the long walks. I've never tried the "running shoe" style of golf shoe and didn't know if they offered more comfort. Keep in mind that these will often be solo excursions so looks aren't really a concern.....simply comfort (shock absorbtion, etc.).
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

NIKE SP II shoes

okay....found several online sources....under $60 shipped in my size (sometimes hard to find).

FootJoy Contours are comfortable. So are Adidas Tech Response (look like tennis shoes).

My problem is that no matter what shoes I try, I seem to be prone to heel blisters. I've finally found a solution -- 1" athletic tape over the 'spot' on my heels -- no more limping around the back nine.

In my Grom:

HiBore XLS 10.5 / ProLaunch Blue
Ti Great Big Bertha Warbird 3 Wood
Killer Whale 5 WoodPinemeadow Command 3 Hy Eye 2 + 4-9 Irons 588 RTG 49 "Special", Gunmetal 56, RTG 60 White Hot #5 Tour B330-RXEpoch Tees Royal Oaks Golf Club

Adidas Tour Traxion. These things are more comfortable than my everyday New Balance sneaks. They look good as well. I walked 36 this past saturday and my feet felt great afterwards.

In the Ogio stand bag

909 D2 w/ VooDoo S
15.5* 906F4 w/ Aldila VS Proto 80S
3DX DC 3 HybridFP 4-GW56* and 60* Vokey SM wedgeSophia putter

I have the Nike Air Max Dual D golf shoes and they are fantastic. I bought them this spring on closeout since they were last years model. They are the athlectic training style shoe with cleats. They feel just like the running shoes I have only a little heavier. Very good for walking the course. IMO you can't go wrong with the Nike Golf athletic style golf shoes, if they fit correctly of course. Stay away from the cheap ones though. The Shox or Air models are worth the price. Plus they are waterproof enough for the morning dew on the grass.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Any shoes made by Ecco. I wear Ecco brand on the golf course...and off the course.

For street shoes....they may cost more...but I swear that they will outlast any other shoes on the market. Worth the extra cost. Most comfortable.

Any shoes made by Ecco. I wear Ecco brand on the golf course...and off the course.

I've seen some sharp looking Ecco shoes but I'm leary of the sizing. If I were buying them from a brick and mortar store I could try them on and check the fit. I'll look at them next time I'm in a store.

I have the Nike Air Max Dual D golf shoes and they are fantastic. I bought them this spring on closeout since they were last years model. They are the athlectic training style shoe with cleats. They feel just like the running shoes I have only a little heavier. Very good for walking the course. IMO you can't go wrong with the Nike Golf athletic style golf shoes, if they fit correctly of course. Stay away from the cheap ones though. The Shox or Air models are worth the price. Plus they are waterproof enough for the morning dew on the grass.

The Nike athletic shoe is sort of what I had in mind.....I saw some of the discontinued last years style for about 1/2 price on an online store. I may try a pair.

I've seen some sharp looking Ecco shoes but I'm leary of the sizing. If I were buying them from a brick and mortar store I could try them on and check the fit. I'll look at them next time I'm in a store.

The only shoe I can wear that doesn't hurt my feet is the Footjoy Contours. Nothing comes close. It is like walking on pillows even from day 1. Plus they look nice.

My Ecco's are 5 Years old. Extremely comfortable. I play about 50-60 rounds a year...most are only 9 after work...I walk 90% of the time....my feet never hurt...would like to buy another pair, different color, but the store I bought them at went under...Wayland Golf in Burlington, Ma...any one in Ma or NH know where to get Ecco's

"Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and , for no reason at all, you really stink." -- Bob Hope

Driver:TM 09 Burner
3 & 5 Wood: Callaway BB War Bird
Irons: TM R7 3-PWWedges:Maxfli...

Note: This thread is 5715 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!