IGNORED

What is The Best Instructional Video you've seen

Note: This thread is 5722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sooooooo long ago, but the first (and only) video (it was VHS) I've ever watched was Jack Nicklaus's "Golf My Way". I'm pretty sure it was the first golf teaching videos (or one of them). I didn't have a VCR (and my TV was a 9 incher with rabbit ears - I was a broke student), so I had to rent it and watch it at my folk's house during summer break from college.

I've got nothing to compare it to, but for a complete beginner it was a revelation - a complete epiphany for someone who knew nothing about the game.

When I took my first lesson (after viewing and practicing "Jack's way"), my instructor was surprised that I'd never had a lesson. (Don't get me wrong, I still sucked. But at least I knew what the fundamentals were supposed to be.)

Is "Golf My Way" even still available?

EDIT: I got curious and started Googling. Nicklaus just announced that a new, remastered version of "Golf My Way" will be released on DVD for the first time starting this fall:

http://www.nicklaus.com/nicklaus_news/news070208.php

Heck, I might buy it just for old time's sake.

This one is nice (it is about irons but can be appliedfor drivers to):

Here you go Tutts. They prefer you to embed rather than link (just copy everything after the = sign and paste in between the yo

u tube tags, which can be inserted by clicking this button):

I ve seen a couple I was wondering what were some of your guys favorite Tips Videos. (also list what they focused on if it isnt in the title i.e. pitching, putting,driving, bunker shots)

Men's Golf Instruction with Wally Armstrong and Friends

-I saw it at Tower Records when they were at 70% off. I figure what do I have to lose for $5? -He covers various drills for every aspect of the game. -It is a bit dated but I just reviewed it again. The short game drills, putting and sand shots still apply. The full swing is more of the "classic swing". 8 Step Swing by Jim McLean Golf Magazine Top Teachers Series, I saw it in the library.

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

Here you go Tutts. They prefer you to embed rather than link (just copy everything after the = sign and paste in between the yo

He also does a great video on putting which is excellent!

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Who is this instructor?

thats Shawn Clement.

He sticks to a traditional version of the golf swing. He's not a stack and tilt guy or really into the tiny hip turn either. Nonetheless, his videos are great.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

I've mentioned it before, but it was on the Golf Channel's Website under Instuction: Dean Reinmuth's series on alignment. How many people do you know that aren't aimed where they think they are? I was one of those, a simple tip that enabled me to begin hitting it straight, FINALLY!
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

There's some really good instruction video's on the following website:

Shawn Clement Golf

Just click on the "You Tube Shawn" link and you'll find tons of great instructional videos.

Enjoy!

Dre
In my OGIO Kingpin bag:
Driver/Wood - Callaway Hyper X 10*, Ping G10 (3)
Hybrids - Adams IDEA A3 Boxer (3) 19*, Adams IDEA TECH A4OS (5) 25*
Irons/Wedges - TaylorMade R7 5-PW, Titleist Vokey 52* Gap, 56* Sand and 60* Lob
Putter - Nike Ignite 002

Note: This thread is 5722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!