IGNORED

2 degrees flat or 2 degrees upright ??

Note: This thread is 6579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
In terms of a putter, how do you choose this and what does it mean?

Or you could do 1 degree, or 4...

The "flat" or "upright" nature of a club is this: [pre]_/[/pre]Okay, now imagine that _/ is a club. The / is the shaft and the _ is the bottom of the club at impact (this applies to irons, putters, etc.). For putters, sometimes it matters more at setup than impact. If a shaft is more upright, the angle between _ and / gets smaller (more like _|). If it gets flatter, it increases. Taller golfers tend to want upright clubs, shorter golfers flat clubs, usually in combination with longer or shorter shafts. Don't know if that answered your question, but I think it should...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Or you could do 1 degree, or 4...

Taller golfers tend to want upright clubs, shorter golfers flat clubs, usually in combination with longer or shorter shafts.

I am 6 ft. Do you think I would choose a putter than is 2 degrees upright as opposed to 2 degrees flat?

As to a putter shaft, it really depends on your posture over the ball more than your height. I'm 6'3" and recently had my putter shaft chopped down an inch because I tend to hunch down over the ball and found a shorter shaft (with no lie adjustment) feels more comfortable and natural to me.

Somebody with a more upright posture would want a longer shaft even though they may be shorter than me.

Putting is by far the most individualistic aspect of our game. There's no "right" answer...just whatever feels right to you.

"My swing is so bad I look like a caveman killing his lunch." ~Lee Trevino

Currently playing Maltby C.E.R. 701u

Build your own...Total cost of my complete set of golf clubs: 500 bucks.Beating a guy who sports a $2000 bag of : priceless.

Note: This thread is 6579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!