IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Right cause I'm sure Jack is so perfect. Lets get internet, youtube, people with camera cellphones, and a million media outlets back in the 60s and 70s and we'll see how clean Jack was back then.

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

Right cause I'm sure Jack is so perfect. Lets get internet, youtube, people with camera cellphones, and a million media outlets back in the 60s and 70s and we'll see how clean Jack was back then.

There are plenty of celebrities who live with the modern media and have nothing to hide. You could be wrong, could be right, but my guess is that you're dead wrong about this one.

Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

Have to wait until Tiger's career is at an end to weigh in on this one! But my projection: Tiger by half dozen or more Majors.

|Callaway X460 draw-biased Driver|Taylormade Burner 3W|Adams Golf Idea A7 19° Hybrid|Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold 23° hybrid|King Cobra Baffler 29° hybrid|Taylormade Burner 6i|Adams Idea Tech A4OS 7i|Mizuno MP32 8i|Pro Select Blaze II 9i|Callaway Golf Forged Chrome 48° PW|Oncourse Target Series...

There are plenty of celebrities who live with the modern media and have nothing to hide. You could be wrong, could be right, but my guess is that you're dead wrong about this one.

Yeah and before Thanksgiving weekend we all knew Tiger so well too, right?

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

Yeah and before Thanksgiving weekend we all knew Tiger so well too, right?

See previous posts by me and others (before any news of "transgressions"). Tiger has always been a little strange with how he talks to the press. My comment still stands, and if there were some way to prove it, I would bet you as much as you want that Jack is a stand-up guy.

Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

Jack is the best by far...Even if tiger passes his 18 majors, Jack still finished 2nd 19 times in majors, top 3 46 times....this list goes on for awhile. In golf its not strictly about wins, you have to look at the field as well. Its the same way the points for the world golf standings are computed.

there weren't as many players back in jack's day though.

Tiger has to compete with a pretty big and talented field.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Nostalgia's a b*tch ain't it? Makes everything so much better than it was. It still makes a for an interesting debate.
What's in the bag...

Driver --- G15 9* Aldila Serrano
3 Wood - Sumo2 15* Aldila NV
5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

Its got too be Jack. Dont get me wrong Tiger is awesome.....but, Jack takes it for 3 reasons. 1. The quality of equipment, course condition and golf balls meant that jack couldnt possibly hit the ball as far as tiger or be as imaginative. 2. Jack had a much harder level of opposition. Miller, Palmer, Player, Trevino, Watson to name but a few. Who has Tiger got?? Mickelson, Els and Harrington. Hardly the same. Finally 3. Jack learned how to play the traditional way without launch monitors and video analysis. Tiger can look at every aspect of his swing and find out spin rates etc for his driver, Jack and the players of his generation never had such luxuries and one can only imagine just how good they would have been if they had.

Driver - Callaway FTI
3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha
Irons - Mizuno MX100
Putter - TaylorMade Itsy Bitsy Spider
Ball - White round ones

there weren't as many players back in jack's day though.

I still cringe and shake my head every time I read someone post this.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I still cringe and shake my head every time I read someone post this.

Me, too.

You would think that Shell's Wonderful World of Golf - or even, goodness me, some books would have informed people otherwise. All his main and enduring competitors (except Gary Player) were Americans, also, so I really am puzzled.

Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts
Stating that, I'm going with Jack for my vote. This game is about tradition, honor and integrity. All of these are flawed in Tiger's character. He can cry and apologize all he wants, but he will never be viewed the same by gentleman serious about this game and its traditions

They are both awesome. I enjoy Tiger more because Ive seen him compete, but I have an equal appreciation for both.

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

I have to respectfully disagree. Tigers infidelities dont reflect on his commitment to the game. The man is the best golfer in the world, and what he does off course is no reflection to how hard he works, and how imeasurable his talent is, or his love of the game.

You dont have to agree that he's the best, but to use his personal life as an indicator of how good a golfer he is doesn't make sense. And for those who have a problem with what Tiger did, I can only say that we dont know whats its like to be him. Fans turned him into a larger than life figure, and turned him into the richest, most famous and recognizable athlete in the world. The fans stroked his ego, and fed it day in, day out. Women throw themselves at him. Gorgeous women. Tiger has become attracted to money and power. Men equate beautiful women with both. Tiger is still only a man, and the only one with the right to judge him are his sponsors and family. I'm not a huge Tiger fan, but if you could walk a mile in his shoes, most would end up doing as he did. We are ordinary men who dont have to deal with being TW every day, and cant imagine what it must be like. Adultery was a release. If his family is to stay together, I hope he can find a new, less harmful release. But that has nothing to do with golf.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter