IGNORED

RockBottomGolf - reviews trustworthy?

Fat Slice
Note: This thread is 2067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bought a few things from them in the past that turned out very well, liked the items.  However never really kept checking site after purchase for months.  Then I purchased some Adams irons and well:

Clubs were decent, but the price on these things jumps up and down so often you never really know if you are getting the best deal.  I ordered the combined set, really wanted the all graphite set since I have arthritis but thought the price too high.  1 or 2 weeks after I ordered the set and received the set, RBG lowers the price of the all graphite set to $2 more than I paid for the combo set.  I was ticked because I had been in contact with Scratch before hand, so if I now wanted the lower priced all graphites I could return my set unused, HOWEVER I would have to pay the shipping back to RBG and RBG was going to deduct the cost of their shipping too.  So whats the point in returning the item when you're not getting the lower price savings because you've got to pay twice for shipping including for what was "Free Shipping for orders over $199.00."

So my advice to anyone looking for items on that site is to wait till they have a "Item at our Cost" sale, then you know you'll be receiving the lowest price the item will have.  Any other sales they just jack up the "original" cost to make it seem that the 'new, lower' sales price is a good deal, when in fact it might be the same price as two weeks ago or 2 or 3 dollars cheaper.

Also didn't like the fact that their customer service suggested I go try the clubs out at any golf retailer in my area and then order what I liked from RBG, that doesn't feel right to use the golf retailer like that and if everyone does that fairly soon there won't be any local golf retailers only online.

Never ordered any of the balls, but after reading this thread I definitely won't.  Also I posted the above 2nd paragraph as a review on RBG site and haven't seen it put up yet, so looks like they are still filtering any negative reviews. Buyer beware when the information is filtered!

• 3 years later...

Tried to order a set of Taylor Made m2,  and some other items, should have been no big deal however after placing order they tell me my card needs manual validation (have never had this happen before) ok. This was on a Friday so Monday comes and I receive an email telling me they want the phone number for my bank, ya thats not happening but they inform me I can call them directly, so I do 3 times. They give you a recording that says someone will return your call within 4hrs. NEVER DID I RECIEVE A CALL BACK. Meanwhile the funds are already pending withdrawal and being held on my account, so I email one more time explaining that we need to get this resolved so my clubs and other stuff can ship. I receive an email back telling me they canceled the order. The order total was $993.00 not a large amount, but hey Ill take my business elsewhere. I ended up finding my clubs locally for about $40.00 more with no headache. Moral of the story for the money this company is not worth the headache, buy local and you'll be happier.

6 hours ago, jeffmoore90 said:

Tried to order a set of Taylor Made m2,  and some other items, should have been no big deal however after placing order they tell me my card needs manual validation (have never had this happen before) ok. This was on a Friday so Monday comes and I receive an email telling me they want the phone number for my bank, ya thats not happening but they inform me I can call them directly, so I do 3 times. They give you a recording that says someone will return your call within 4hrs. NEVER DID I RECIEVE A CALL BACK. Meanwhile the funds are already pending withdrawal and being held on my account, so I email one more time explaining that we need to get this resolved so my clubs and other stuff can ship. I receive an email back telling me they canceled the order. The order total was $993.00 not a large amount, but hey Ill take my business elsewhere. I ended up finding my clubs locally for about $40.00 more with no headache. Moral of the story for the money this company is not worth the headache, buy local and you'll be happier.

Have spent thousands of dollars at RBG (including new M2s this year), never one issue. Just because you had a bad experience doesn't make them a bad company. Btw, ever think it was your bank requesting verification, not RBG? 

Edited by paulballs

In the bag:

Driver: :tmade: '07 Burner Draw 10.5 
3/4 Hybrid: :adams: Idea a205
Irons: :tmade: Burner Plus  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!